Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#28587 by ami_malioy Sat May 15, 2010 3:40 am
Is this scam too???

Subject : Regarding Your Availability As An Au Pair.
Message : Hello Au Pair/Nanny, I hope my mail meets you in good state of health. I am Dudley Adomanis, 43 years of age from United States. I am a Consultant Contractor and I reside at #203 Bedford St. New York City, N.Y. 10014, USA. As part of the information you may require, I have a 4 years old wonderful and interesting to be with twins namely Chris and Sheani. Due to the nature of my work and the unexpected transfer of my wife to Portugal, I hardly have time for my lovely Kids which prompted an idea of seeking an Au Pair/Nanny. After scrolling through your profile, both myself and my wife considers you worthy of the job vacancy in my home as a substitute for my departed wife. Your duties includes taking the kids to school/bringing them back home, play with them, go to Museums, Playground, Cinema Hall, prepare/fix their meals and snacks. You will have your Private Room which consist of Air-Conditional, Television, 12 hours Internet Access and a Telephone to keep you in touch with your friends, families and maybe relatives as often as you may desire, a Bathroom and Toilet. You will have Saturdays and Sundays as your off days, so to enable you have enough time for yourself otherwise, you will be paid for extra services. As for your salary, I will be willing to pay you 2,000 Dollars for every 4 weeks and a pocket fee of 300 Dollars weekly which I suppose should be enough for your primary needs. Regards my family pictures, I will send some upon request. With all due respect, I will be hoping to hear from you as soon as possible if interested at the said position. Bye for now and may the gentle breeze of all moment blow cool memory into your brain, Amen! Warmest regards, Dudley Adomanis & Family. Email: [email protected] Phone Number: +1 315 238 5008
Advertisement

#28589 by Michael Sat May 15, 2010 3:55 am
Hello there ami_malioy, welcome to scamwarners.

Yes, it is most definately a scam. I googled a random phrase from your mail and found almost the exact same mails again: viewtopic.php?p=20687 (the 9th post on that page)
This post viewtopic.php?p=20687#p20687 ;) Ralph
and here: http://419.bittenus.com/10/3/MarkTrafford.html

and on many, many more. Do not reply to these people, ignore them completely. Soon there will be a request for visa fees or travel fees you will have to pay, don't believe them!

I'm glad you found us and prevented yourself from being scammed, well done! :D

Account inactive - messages are not being monitored
#28935 by nadia Wed May 19, 2010 2:28 pm
Hi,

Thank you for your post and confirmation. I have received the exact replica of the email and was amazed by how much the person is willing to pay. And what's strange is why I don't get an email in the aupair website as how it should be. Checking with Google and found your post as number one post :=)

Thank you again and cheers :beer:
#28958 by Ralph Wed May 19, 2010 5:35 pm
Hi Nadia, I am glad we have been able to help you and even happier that you recognised the signs of a scam and did some searching.

Please come back and ask if you have any questions in the future