Room for Rent and other rental scams
#113501 by Con Warner Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:58 am
To: Con Warner
Sent: Sunday, July 15, 2012 11:11
Subject: Re: Response to Housing Ad

Hello.

Thanks for your response. GOD bless you for your interest about my House, Yes is still available for rent.. I am renting this House to a capable and also responsible and neat person or family who has the fear of GOD and treat my House as his or her own... Presently I and my wife have work for USAID. USAID works in agriculture,democracy & governance,economic growth, the environment, education, health,global partnerships,and humanitarian assistance in more than 100 countries to provide a better future for all. USAID still faces an uncertain future. In many developing countries, HIV/AIDS and health issues are having a dramatic impact on social cohesiveness and economic strength,blocking the very development goals we seek. Virtually all the new democracies in the world today are fragile; others are democracies more in name than substance. Nearly a quarter of the people living in developing countries, or about one billion people, live in absolute poverty.. There are a host of other threats - ranging from terrorism to infectious disease and violent conflict - that challenge us and the developing nations we seek to help. Here is USAID Web address:-http://www.usaid.gov/ ; USAID efforts to foster world-wide economic growth and increased trade,and tackling cross-border issues such as the spread of HIV/AIDS and trafficking in persons... To safe the life of peoples from primitive death that claims the souls of younger ages as a result of casual sex gave us transfer to West Africa and we will be away for 5 years or more and this is why we are actually renting out our House,so if you are interested and will take good care of our House then we will be ready to accept you as our future tenant and family friend. If you really impress me by taking proper good care of our House, then you will be allowed to stay as long as you wish okay.

House Address: 8806 New Hope Rd., Willards, MD

So get back to me on how you could take care of our House or perhaps experience you have in renting Home. Hope you are okay with the price of $900 per month/$700 for the security deposit fee? With hydro, Heat Laundry Facilities, Air Condition, Water, Electricity, Fireplace, Internet Access and so on..

PETS, CATS, AND DOGS, ARE WELCOME!!!

I look forward to hearing from you ASAP, so i can forward you an Application Form to fill and discuss on how to get the house for rent. Also are you ready to rent it now or when? Await your reply.

Thanks.

Rev. Larry L & Brittany L Schappell
+234-808-043-9299
011-234-808-043-9299

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement

#118967 by starmagic6 Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:23 pm
receive the same thing now its a rev

Hello.

Thanks for your response. GOD bless you for your interest about my House, Yes is still available for rent.. I am renting this House to a capable and also responsible and neat person or family who has the fear of GOD and treat my House as his or her own... Presently I and my wife have work for USAID. USAID works in agriculture,democracy & governance,economic growth, the environment, education, health,global partnerships,and humanitarian assistance in more than 100 countries to provide a better future for all. USAID still faces an uncertain future. In many developing countries, HIV/AIDS and health issues are having a dramatic impact on social cohesiveness and economic strength,blocking the very development goals we seek. Virtually all the new democracies in the world today are fragile; others are democracies more in name than substance. Nearly a quarter of the people living in developing countries, or about one billion people, live in absolute poverty.. There are a host of other threats - ranging from terrorism to infectious disease and violent conflict - that challenge us and the developing nations we seek to help. Here is USAID Web address:-http://www.usaid.gov/ ; USAID efforts to foster world-wide economic growth and increased trade,and tackling cross-border issues such as the spread of HIV/AIDS and trafficking in persons... To safe the life of peoples from primitive death that claims the souls of younger ages as a result of casual sex gave us transfer to West Africa and we will be away for 5 years or more and this is why we are actually renting out our House,so if you are interested and will take good care of our House then we will be ready to accept you as our future tenant and family friend. If you really impress me by taking proper good care of our House, then you will be allowed to stay as long as you wish okay.

House Address: 3742 Bel Pre Rd, Silver Spring, MD

So get back to me on how you could take care of our House or perhaps experience you have in renting Home. Hope you are okay with the price of $700 per month/$700 for the security deposit fee? With hydro, Heat Laundry Facilities, Air Condition, Water, Electricity, Fireplace, Internet Access and so on..

I look forward to hearing from you ASAP, so i can forward you an Application Form to fill and discuss on how to get the house for rent. Also are you ready to rent it now or when? Await your reply.

Thanks.

Rev. Bjorn D Frayna
+234-808-043-9299
011-234-808-043-9299
#123522 by M0anax Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:32 pm
Received the same email this afternoon. Different email address, same formed letter. The creepy thing is, is that this person actually exists in Mundelein but definitely does not own this home:

Scott McClaskey [email protected]
11:20 AM (2 hours ago)

to me

Hello.

House Address: 1255 Huntington, Mundelein, IL

So get back to me on how you could take care of our House or perhaps experience you have in renting Home. Hope you are okay with the price of $700 per month/$700 for the security deposit fee? With hydro, Heat Laundry Facilities, Air Condition, Water, Electricity, Fireplace, Internet Access and so on..

Thanks.

Rev. Scott A & Shelly A McClaskey
+234-808-043-9299
011-234-808-043-9299
#123539 by Bryon Williams Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:31 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners M0anax,

Received the same email this afternoon. Different email address, same formed letter. The creepy thing is, is that this person actually exists in Mundelein but definitely does not own this home:

The person living in Mundelein is not the person who emailed you. The scammer is using a free email account and more than likely googled a persons name that fit his scam form letter. Using a Rev. the scammer thinks he is more believable.

If you are searching for a rental and the person ask for payment prior to viewing it is a scam. The scammer will want you to send money via Western Union or Money Gram to a third party. Sometimes the scammer will ask you to send to yourself, friend or family member as proof of commitment. The scammer will pick up the money himself either using fake ID or bribing a clerk.

Thanks for posting the information.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#129251 by therealbrittanys Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:03 am
This issue unbelievably creepy. First off, you shouldn't display the names and addresses that these scammers are using. Its a violation of my privacy since they're using my name. I'm Brittany and Larry isn't my husband, HE'S MY DAD!!! We already knew about the scam because of some potential renters who showed up at my dad's house, which really was for rent. We figured it out when the price of the rent that they asked about was all wrong. They targeted us when my dad had his house posted forward rent by his realtor. They created a fake email and even accessed puplic tax records to steal his info. The scam that we knew about said that my dad was a businessman working in Europe (ha). It didn't even mention me. So, you can imagine why my friend googling me for fun and finding this here creeps me the hell out.
#129268 by Michelle Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:41 am
In order to make themselves more believable Rental Scammers often copy details from other Rental Sites when offering their own (fake) property for sale - Regrettable but a fact.

Copies of Scammers e-mails are posted on this site not for entertainment, but to educate and help others when they are researching a possible Advance Fee Fraud Scam. Therefore it needs to be understand that the content details should remain intact as these will be the same details that potential victims will be searching the internet for.

#129356 by therealbrittanys Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:17 pm
I don't care. That's MY name. That scammer used it and now this site is using it. It'd be one thing if you just made the nature of the scam and the contents of the email public, but why do you have to display the names that these people are stealing? That makes no sense, because they change the names that they use all the time anyway.