Room for Rent and other rental scams
#165013 by lofty2210 Fri May 10, 2013 7:29 am
i have had this same idiot mailing me under the name Oliver Ruuden. Sounds like the same scam as you guys. Needless to say he'll be getting nothing from me. I also informed the police fraud department. This was a fake rental in the Bristol area. I really hope this person hasn't managed to get any money from this. Avoid all similar far too good to be true cons.

Emails attached below.

23rd April 2013

Hello,
I am not able to find your email here, can you please get back to me at [email protected] so I can also send more pics and for more infos
Hope you can see this

Thanks

26th April 2013

Hello,
My name is Oliver, I am from Denmark and the flat is still available for rent. It was redecorated last year is looking very nice and clean. Has a fully furnished kitchen, clean and well tidy sitting rooms, laundry room and fully furnished with home utilities like: electric shower, Lounge,Vacuum Cleaner,Toaster, Owen and microwave, dryer, iron, washing machine , refrigerator , dishwasher, power shower, heater, cable ready,TV set and DVD player, Internet connection, equipped kitchen and everything a house needs. I m interested in finding someone clean who can take care of this house more then getting money from renting it if you know what I mean.
The price I want is £480 per month,bills included and I am interested in a long term agreement, minimum 6 months!
If you are decided to view the flat and have the money I could come in the next few days to show you the apartment and maybe sign the tenancy agreement if you like my flat (I am sure you will love it) but first I have to be sure you really do need a place to live because two weeks ago a person told me he is really interested and he asked me to go to Bristol to meet him and sign the tenancy agreement and when I arrived there no one showed up to rent my place and I lost time and money for nothing. Please accept my apologies if I am rude but I hope you will understand me!
I will wait for your e-mail,

29th April 2013

Hello,
I've attached some pictures of the flat,floor plan and also a model of the rental contract! The flat is located on 37-39, Baldwin Street, BS1 1RB but I can`t give you the exact address because there`s no one living out there and I`m afraid of thieves and I do apologize for this but I hope you understand me because I`m in Denmark right now! The property comprises reception room, kitchen with washing machine/tumble dryer, master bedroom with fitted wardrobes and en suite bathroom, second bedroom with fitted wardrobe and bathroom. Parking place is included too!
In the kitchen there is a dishwasher and also a Big fridge freezer! Regarding the council tax I can tell you that it is included in the price of £480 per month and also Sky TV,internet broadband,gas and electricity are also included in this price! I am interested in a minimum six month agreement and I request two months rent in advance plus the equivalent of one month as a refundable deposit which you will get back at the end of the contract.
Regarding the plumbings and all that kind of stuff I can tell you that the flat was recently renovated and all electrical part and plumbings are new so that won`t be necessary any repairs anyway I have a person who can manage this starting from June.
We can sign the rental contract starting from next weekend but I need to be sure that you have serious intentions in renting the flat that`s why I attached here a model of the rental contract and also we can discuss the terms when we will meet!
If you are decided to view the flat let me know because there is another person interested in reserving it!
Kind regards

30th April 2013

I have reattached the files once again! I can make it there this weekend if that is ok for you, I also need you to confirm that you will have the funds ready (two months rent and one month deposit-£1440) at the time of our meeting because I don`t want to make two trips from Denmark, one for the viewing and another to sign the agreement and give you the keys.
When do you want to move? How many persons in total?
Regards
Last edited by Con Warner on Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed spacing from email address
Advertisement

#172241 by eros Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:06 pm
I found an ad on gumtree and after emailing about it (knowing it must be too good to be true), I got a reply that is EXACTLY the same as the one you posted (with a few minor differences):

Hello,

My name is Edel, I am from Denmark and the flat is still available for rent. It was redecorated last year is looking very nice and clean. Has a fully furnished kitchen, clean and well tidy rooms, fully furnished with home utilities like: electric shower, Lounge, Vacuum Cleaner, Toaster, Owen and microwave, dryer, iron, washing machine , refrigerator , dishwasher, power shower, heater, cable ready, TV set and DVD player, Internet connection, equipped kitchen and everything a house needs. I'm interested in finding someone clean who can take care of this house more then getting money from renting it if you know what I mean.

The price I want is £780 for the whole property monthly, bills included and I am interested in a long term agreement, minimum 3 months!

If you are decided to view the flat and have the money I could come in the next few days to show you the flat and maybe sign the tenancy agreement if you like my flat (I am sure you will love it) but first I have to be sure you really do need a place to live because two weeks ago a person told me he is really interested and he asked me to go to London to meet him and sign the tenancy agreement and when I arrived there, no one showed up to rent my place and I lost time and money for nothing. Please accept my apologies if I am rude but I hope you will understand me!

I will wait for your e-mail,

This is the link to the flat: http://www.gumtree.com/p/flats-houses/b ... to-content
#172263 by Bryon Williams Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:13 am
Welcome to Scamwarners eros,

Please post the email address the scammer used with you. This will help others avoid his scam attempts if they search his email on the internet.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#211524 by Karolina Z Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:43 am
I have received the same messages from: [email protected]
He's got his advertisement on Gumtree named "2 bedroom apartment to let" in Oxford. Therefore this person or group is still scamming :/
I received these emails both in April 2014 when I was just doing a general research, now I got the same messages in July 2014.
#211594 by Mike Wilson Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:29 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners ecclesgharry,
Thanks for posting the fake rental website.

www.varte.co.uk is in the process of being reported for fraud.

CALL US: +44 156 7278 005
FAX US: +44 161 2102 936

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon