Room for Rent and other rental scams
#212369 by FienOost Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:03 am
Hi everyone: I've been scammed.

She/he goes under the name Charlotte Labellour and sent me this mail:

Hello,

How are you doing? I am sorry it has taken a while before I replied or sent this message, I have so many people interested, hence so many emails to reply in a day and it is quite stressful considering the fact that I have a job that stresses me already. :) heheheheee.

Anyway, better late than never! Are you still looking for a place to rent? I have two rooms for rent in my apartment. My apartment is a three bedroom apartment and it is owned by my parents. I stay alone in the apartment, I don't stay with my parents so you would be sharing the apartment with me. My name is Charlotte and I'll be 25 this December. I just started work as a trainee medical examiner with the United Nations and I have been privileged to travel to some countries with my group and my team to assist people in some countries.

About my apartment and the rooms; The rooms, including my room, are of the same size and they all have the same items in them. All rooms have their own private bathroom and toilet. We would be sharing the living room, lounge area and also the kitchen and the laundry area. The apartment and the rooms are fully furnished and comes with a Television set with Cable TV available, Phone cord, Internet WIFI (Wireless), A big double bed, Car parking space also available for use. The bedroom size is 2.47m (8'1") x 4.88m (16'0") and it has built-in wardrobe and walnut flooring. You can have visitors or relatives over in your room or in the apartment but you need to inform me ahead if they are going to be staying the night.

The rent for each room is 400euro and it also contains the cost of the utilities; that means you are not required, after paying for your rent, to make any additional payments in the running of the apartment. You will also pay for a security deposit of 600euro. This security deposit is just a caution fee and will be returned to you when you want to move out of the apartment, okay?

My House Address: Apartment 72, Westland Square, Pearse Street, Dublin 2 ; only minutes' walk from the city centre, Trinity College, the IFSC, the Docklands, the O2 and Grand Canal Theatre. You may GOOGLE the location of my house and let me know if the location suits you and if this is okay for you in terms of distance from your work or school or closeness to the city center.

Have you had any experiences in a shared apartment? Tell me more about yourself so I can get to know you better?

Add me on Skype ID is - live:chollour

Looking forward to hearing from you so that I can send you the pictures of my apartment and the room and we can proceed to the tenement agreement contract and also getting keys for you to move in,

Thanks,

Charlotte.

Unfortunately, being inexperienced, I was stupid enough to send her my passport copy.

Let EVERYONE be warned: she will now use the name Josefien Oost (my name) etc.etc. and probably, seeing as I'm Dutch, post appartments in Amsterdam or something like it.

Be warned. :(
Advertisement

#212386 by IrisKuppen Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:34 am
I'm a friend of Fien and wanted to rent the other room in the 'apartment'. I've also sent out my information which might now be used for scammers. My name is Iris Kuppen so the scammer might use that as the next name.
#227786 by Cla Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:05 pm
I've received almost the same mail with a different name, so it's for sure a scam:

"Le mar. 18 nov. 2014 16:41 HNEC, Amelie SOBCZAK a écrit :

>Hello,
>How are you doing? I am sorry it has taken a while before I replied or sent this message, I have so many people interested, hence so many emails to reply in a day and it is quite stressful considering the fact that I have a job that stresses me already. :) heheheheee.
>Anyway, better late than never! Are you still looking for a place to rent? I have two rooms for rent in my apartment. My apartment is a three bedroom apartment and it is owned by my parents. I stay alone in the apartment, I don't stay with my parents so you would be sharing the apartment with me. My name is Amelie, was born in France and moved here when I was 7. Right now, I'm in my early twenties. 23years old precisely. I just started work as a trainee medical examiner with the United Nations and I have been privileged to travel to some countries with my group and my team to assist people in some countries. I am generally quiet and keep to myself for the most part. When I'm not at work I spend my free time at my desk at home and typically in a Skype call with my significant other. No worries I keep my headphones in and will happily keep things down if you need me to! I love to bake, when I'm not too lazy to, so expect a treat from time to time. If you
like toast and smoothies, I own a toaster and blender so you are always welcome to use them as well.
>About my apartment and the rooms; The rooms, including my room, are of the same size and they all have the same items in them. All rooms have their own private bathroom and toilet. We would be sharing the living room, lounge area and also the kitchen and the laundry area. The apartment and the rooms are fully furnished and comes with a Television set with Cable TV available, Phone cord, Internet WIFI (Wireless), A big double bed, Car parking space also available for use. The bedroom size is 2.47m (8'1") x 4.88m (16'0") and it has built-in wardrobe and walnut flooring. You can have visitors or relatives over in your room or in the apartment but you need to inform me ahead if they are going to be staying the night. Your room will include access to one large walk-in closet. The apartment unit has a full kitchen with an electric oven, a dishwasher, a microwave, and plenty of cupboard space. The bathroom has a tub and shower. A big plus is that we also have
a washer and dryer within our unit. The apartment never gets too hot or cold and the area is generally very quiet and peaceful.
>The rent for each room is 400euro and it also contains the cost of the utilities; that means you are not required, after paying for your rent, to make any additional payments in the running of the apartment. You will also pay for a security deposit of 600euro. This security deposit is just a caution fee and will be returned to you when you want to move out of the apartment, okay? Another thing is; you can make your registration with the apartment address at the city council.
>My House Address: 11 Adelaide Rd, Dublin 2; You may GOOGLE the location of my house and let me know if the location suits you and if this is okay for you in terms of distance from your work or school or closeness to the city center.
>Have you had any experiences in a shared apartment? Tell me more about yourself so I can get to know you better?
>Maybe we can chat on skype too? but first, send me an email and tell me about you. :)
>Looking forward to hearing from you so that I can send you the pictures of my apartment and the room and we can proceed to the tenement agreement contract and also getting keys for you to move in,
>Thanks,
>Amelie."