Room for Rent and other rental scams
#219083 by Cyca Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:18 am
Hi, thanks for the post, you have saved me $240. He asked for 4 weeks but I said no, then I transferred the $240, but cancelled it as I did have strange feeling in my stomach. I sent him the photo of my driving license, I hope he can't use it somehow. See below:
his email and name: michael masn <[email protected]>
Thanks for your interest and inquiries about my apartment. Yes the Apartment is still available for rent and we are looking for a responsible person/family to occupy and maintain the Apartment now that am not around. I just traveled to CHINA for a program called Empowering Youth to Fight Racism, HIV/AIDS, Poverty and Lack of Education, the program is taking place in major countries in Asian and Africa which are China, Indonesian ,South Africa, West Africa. We will be away for 1 to 2 years or more that is why I have made up my mind to put up my Apartment for rent to whomever that will take good care of it. Also how long do you intend to
stay? How soon do you intend to move in? You can rent in short term and long term
Here are details of the Apartment:

Bedroom:1
Bathroom:1
FEATURES :
Laundry
Electric Range
Electric Heat
Garage

AMENITIES:
Air Conditioning
Cable TV
Ceiling Fans
24 hours Internet service
Dishwasher
Garbage Disposal
Microwave
Pets Allowed
Refrigerator
Washer / Dryer

Rent:$240per week

Please feel free to ask any questions you do not understand and i will be looking forward to receive your email as soon as possible.

I am not around to show the inside, you can go check out the Apartment and the neighborhood from the outside and get back to me if you really like it for more information.

RENT APPLICATION FORM

Name: __________________________

Present Address: ____________________________________________________

Phone #:................. Cell & Home

How Long?:..............................................................................

Previous Address:__________________________ How Long?__________________________

Married?:____________________________ Spouse's Name: __________________________

Children?:_________ How Many?:________ Ages?:__________________

Pets?:_________ What kind?:__________________ How Many?_______

When do you intend to move in: __________________

How many months advance rent are you willing /able to pay__________________

YOUR EMPLOYMENT

Employer:____________________________________

Employer's Address:____________________________________

Supervisor:__________ Bus. Phone:________

How Long On Present Job?_________________________

Looking forward to hear from you with all this details so that i can have it in my file in case of issuing the receipt in your name and contacting you. Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the documents and the keys to you, please we are giving you all this based on trust and again i want you to stick to your words, We are putting everything into God's hand, so please do not let us down in this property of ours and God bless you more as you do this. Hope to read from you as soon as possible.

Split topic and added quotes - Michelle
Advertisement

#223191 by kaintl Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:33 am
OH NO, i didn't follow my own gut feeling ...

i had this sense he was a scammer but i was blinded to believe it.

... it's a sad thing to admit that i have now lost upto $4000 worth of funds transferred to this guy.

i just wanna cry now, knowing that i can't do anything. someone please give me some advice on how to deal with this ... i am so sad right now
#255262 by Meghana Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:13 am
Hi, Thanks so much for this post! It saved me $720. Got the exact same mail below from the mail id [email protected]. This was after I found an ad on https://flatmates.com.au/melbourne asking me to direct my request to the owner at [email protected]. Once I sent my inquiry to this mail id, I received the exactly the same mail below from [email protected]. Just had a weird feeling about his offer since the time I received. So googled keying in as masno mike fraud and thanks to google it lead me to this post! Sooo happy to have found it just in time.. thank u thank u thank u !:)

Thanks for your interest and inquiries about my apartment. Yes the Apartment is still available for rent and we are looking for a responsible person/family to occupy and maintain the Apartment now that am not around. I just traveled to CHINA for a program called Empowering Youth to Fight Racism, HIV/AIDS, Poverty and Lack of Education, the program is taking place in major countries in Asian and Africa which are China, Indonesian ,South Africa, West Africa. We will be away for 1 to 2 years or more that is why I have made up my mind to put up my Apartment for rent to whomever that will take good care of it. Also how long do you intend to
stay? How soon do you intend to move in? You can rent in short term and long term

FEATURES :
Laundry
Electric Range
Electric Heat
Garage

AMENITIES:
Air Conditioning
Cable TV
Ceiling Fans
Dishwasher
Garbage Disposal
Microwave
Pets Allowed
Refrigerator
Washer / Dryer

Rent:$240per week

Please feel free to ask any questions you do not understand and i will be looking forward to receive your email as soon as possible.

I am not around to show the inside, you can go check out the Apartment and the neighborhood from the outside and get back to me if you really like it for more information.

RENT APPLICATION FORM

How Long?:..............................................................................

YOUR EMPLOYMENT

Looking forward to hear from you with all this details so that i can have it in my file in case of issuing the receipt in your name and contacting you. Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the documents and the keys to you, please we are giving you all this based on trust and again i want you to stick to your words, We are putting everything into God's hand, so please do not let us down in this property of ours and God bless you more as you do this. Hope to read from you as soon as possible.
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Edited out some quotes.
#257357 by Sophie Ngo Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:38 pm
Omg thanks for ur post , it saved my life mate :=) :=) :=)
His email address is [email protected]

"Thanks for your interest and inquiries about my apartment. Yes the Apartment is still available for rent and we are looking for a responsible person/family to occupy and maintain the Apartment now that am not around. I just traveled to CHINA for a program called Empowering Youth to Fight Racism, HIV/AIDS, Poverty and Lack of Education, the program is taking place in major countries in Asian and Africa which are China, Indonesian ,South Africa, West Africa. We will be away for 1 to 2 years or more that is why I have made up my mind to put up my Apartment for rent to whomever that will take good care of it. Also how long do you intend to stay? How soon do you intend to move in? You can rent in short term and long term

FEATURES :

Laundry

Electric Range

Electric Heat

Garage

AMENITIES:

Air Conditioning

Cable TV

Ceiling Fans

Dishwasher

Garbage Disposal

Microwave

Pets Allowed

Refrigerator

Washer / Dryer

Rent $170

RENT APPLICATION FORM

YOUR EMPLOYMENT

You can easily make the payment online at www.westernunion.com.au , using my secretary details bellow;

Receiver's Name: Qiang Li

Street Address: 72 Wangfujing Street

City/Town: Dongcheng

State/Province/Region: Beijing

Post Code: 650000

Kindly get back to me with copy of the receipt once you are
done with the payment, so that the payment can be confirm and i can
proceed with the shipment on time. Also confirm your shipping address in your next email.
#272183 by happiness123 Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:43 am
OMG I am so thankful God inspired me to check on the internet this man's name. I was just about to go through with the deal when i felt inspired to check his name out on the internet because i was curious and suddenly i saw this post. I almost got ripped off!! I'm so thankful for this website and for all your contributions to help other people. Thank you!!
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Edited topic.
#272185 by Bryon Williams Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:47 am
Welcome to Scamwarners,

If the email address in this thread is different please post it. This may help others.

Meet the landlord face to face and make sure you go physically into the property to view it.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#272186 by Bryon Williams Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:50 am
You will need to post the emails he sent you. Remove anything that ID's you. Also post his fake name.

happiness123 wrote:I just wanted to warn everyone that when he tried to scam me he used a different email to the one above and a different name. It was Myro Masnos <[email protected]>. Just letting you guys know.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#272187 by happiness123 Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:01 am
The scammer sent me the following 2 emails:

Myro Masnos < [email protected] > wrote:
Thanks for your interest and inquiries about my apartment. Yes the Apartment is still available for rent and we are looking for a responsible person/family to occupy and maintain the Apartment now that am not around. I just traveled to CHINA for a program called Empowering Youth to Fight Racism, HIV/AIDS, Poverty and Lack of Education, the program is taking place in major countries in Asian and Africa which are China, Indonesian ,South Africa, West Africa. We will be away for 1 to 2 years or more that is why I have made up my mind to put up my Apartment for rent to whomever that will take good care of it. Also how long do you intend to stay? How soon do you intend to move in? You can rent in short term and long term

FEATURES :

Laundry

Electric Range

Electric Heat

Garage

AMENITIES:

Air Conditioning

Cable TV

Ceiling Fans

Dishwasher

Garbage Disposal

Microwave

Pets Allowed

Refrigerator

Washer / Dryer

Rent for one room $170

RENT APPLICATION FORM

YOUR EMPLOYMENT

Hello,

Thanks very much for your concern. I can see your willingness in your application form and am glad to inform you that your application is successful, you are now qualify to rent this apartment. So as i shall be renting my property to you, please again take very good care of the apartment.Once again, am giving you this on trust and do not disappoint me and i promise you that you will love the apartment.The lease is open for maximum stay of 2years and the minimum stay is 1month. The package will be deliver to the address you provided in your rental application form and the shipment will take 32hr and a tracking will be giving to you, so that you can be checking the status of the package. Here are the contents of the packages that will be deliver to you via DHL EXPRESS COURIER SERVICE.

1)Entrance and the Rooms Keys

2)Papers( utilities receipt & rent receipt)

3) Payment receipt

So i am with your information here with me and i will like to know whether you are ready for the payment of the first 4weeks rent so that you can move in asap. Let me know If I could forward you the Information on how and where to send the money through so that I can get all the package sent to you immediately.

Thanks and I hope to read from you soon

Regards
#272189 by Bryon Williams Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:07 am
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Thank you so much for the updated information. This will help others avoid being scammed by this thief.

#272190 by Bryon Williams Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:09 am
To post photo's look at my signature below. Use scamwarners and mark them as stolen. If there are children in the photo's blot there faces or do not post them.

#274161 by Renan Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:49 pm
I also received the email from Myro Masnos and I just replied back asking for an inspection to be scheduled. I will report the email as "phishing"on Gmail as well.

On Mon, Nov 9, 2015 at 8:58 AM, Myro Masnos <[email protected]> wrote:
Thanks for your interest and inquiries about my apartment. Yes the Apartment is still available for rent and we are looking for a responsible person/family to occupy and maintain the Apartment now that am not around. I just traveled to CHINA for a program called Empowering Youth to Fight Racism, HIV/AIDS, Poverty and Lack of Education, the program is taking place in major countries in Asian and Africa which are China, Indonesian ,South Africa, West Africa. We will be away for 1 to 2 years or more that is why I have made up my mind to put up my Apartment for rent to whomever that will take good care of it. Also how long do you intend to stay? How soon do you intend to move in? You can rent in short term and long term

FEATURES :

Laundry

Electric Range

Electric Heat

Garage

AMENITIES:

Air Conditioning

Cable TV

Ceiling Fans

Dishwasher

Garbage Disposal

Microwave

Pets Allowed

Refrigerator

Washer / Dryer

Rent for one room $160

RENT APPLICATION FORM

YOUR EMPLOYMENT

#274162 by Bryon Williams Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:53 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Please do not report scammers email addresses for closure.

It will only take the scammer 5 minutes out of his life to get a new one. Then your warning or any other warning on anti fraud sites will be useless.

We will only find the scammer again when a victim reports it or potential victim.

You found the scam here, please allow others to find it also.