Room for Rent and other rental scams
#304719 by Michelle Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:46 am
To: Michelle Banks

Subject: Re: Gen info

Hello Michelle

Thanks for getting back to me and your understanding. Here is little about myself...My name is Russo Andrea, I was born in Italy but i live in Great britian, my father is from Italy and mother from Danmark,Am married with 2 daughters,Am nice, faithful, loyal, honest, caring, open minded,I work in Construction company here in United Kingdom.i don't smoke but i drink socially.i love pet,I love warm weather, tropical drinks and sandy beaches. I like to party and have fun.

Two years ago, I Inherit the apartment from my late mother who is from Danmark it's because am the only child and also here working for my company in United Kingdom and there is no way i could come to take good care of the apartment myself that's why i am looking for a reliable tenant who is going to take good care of this apartment for me in my absence

Whenever i traveled like that, I make use of house agent or a friend of mine over there but they cheated a lot on my tenants and my tenants complains alot about that. That is the reason why i took the keys along with me because i don't want my apartment to be used anyhow in my absence.

Also,I would like to put my trust in you.

For you to get the place reserved we will both sign my rental agreement contract which is going be prepared and signed by my lawyer, which is documented with English law's because it is going to stand as guarantee for both of us.

The contract has already been signed by my lawyer,I will sign it,scan it,send it to your email box and immediately you receive it, you are to print it out as well,sign it, scan it, email it back to me.

Do get back to me with the below informations so that we can proceed further:

Your full name:
Your full address:
Nationality:
Passport id:
Phone number:
Date of birth:
Move in date and out:

After that you will go ahead with your payment which is your first month rent and security deposit . Once your payment is confirmed by me, i will post the keys and the receipt of your payment to you via DHL courier service .it is just 1-2 days delivery and email you the shipping code for you to know when the keys will be deliver to you so that you can have your keys and move into my apartment.

Kindly get back to me to let me know what you think about this proceedure so that i can send the rental agreement contract to you for you to sign..If i didnt response to your call that means am busy at work

Best
Regards
Russo

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement