Room for Rent and other rental scams
#316847 by Michelle Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:20 pm

Subject: 1258 Lafayette Ave NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49505

Thanks for your email and your interest in my Home, We personally own the house and we want our property to be well taken good care of, and they are some rules and regulation in which i do give out to tenant willing to rent my house, So please don't disrespect my order, But if you are still capable of renting my house the rules and regulation goes this way.Tenant must keep our house clean including the surrounding, Tenant must not also pay up rent as at when due.. I only need someone that can take good care of the house at my absence ,because right now am not around i just secured a contract in New YORK and i will not be back ,because i have gotten another Apartment down here with my Family And am here with the house keys and documents, i tried to look for management before i left but i couldn't get any in time.So If you know that you have a good credential you can email me back so that i can forward you the rental Application form to secure and occupy my house at my absent.

General house description:
Address: 1258 Lafayette Ave NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49505
Bedroom: 2
Bathroom: 1
Monthly Rent: $600
Security Deposit: $500
Total Move in Cost: $1100
Pet: Acceptable with no pet deposit in as much as they are not destructive
Utilities are included in the rent.
There is also high speed wireless internet access.

I will like you to know that the requirement for getting the keys and documents of the house to you is a full refundable fee of $500 USD, which serve as the Security Deposit. Please note that the deposit made is fully refundable should in case you finally gain entrance into the house after receiving the keys and documents and feel unsatisfied or uncomfortable with the interior, but i am giving you a benefit of doubt that you will love everything about this lovely home.

Get back to me ASAP if you are interested because i need a tenant urgently then i will e-mail you the rental application form.

You can reach me on (678) 466-0695

Micheal Alvira

Subject: Re: 1258 Lafayette Ave NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49505

Below is the rent application form,get it filled and sent back to me so that we can proceed further.

********RENT APPLICATION FORM**********

TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF.
FIRST NAME:__________?
MIDDLE NAME:__________?
LAST NAME:__________?
SEX:__________?
DATE OF BIRTH:_________?
PROFESSION:__________?
ATTACHED A COPY OF YOUR ID CARD
PHONE:
(CELL)PHONE__________?
(WORK)PHONE__________?
(HOME)PHONE__________?
WHICH
NUMBER IS THE BEST TO CALL YOU ON__________?
MARITAL STATUS:__________?
KIDS _____ (YES/NO), HOW MANY ________
PRESENT ADDRESS: _____________________
CITY: _______________
STATE:______________
ZIP CODE: ____________
HOW LONG? ___________IF RENTING
WHY ARE YOU LEAVING__________?
IF THIS HOUSE IS BEING GIVEN TO YOU,
HOW LONG DO YOU INTEND STAYING? ____________?
WHEN DO YOU INTEND MOVING IN? ______________?
DO YOU AGREE TO PAY THE DEPOSIT BEFORE YOU MOVE IN? _____________?
HOW MANY MONTHS RENT CAN YOU PAY UPFRONT? MINIMUM ( 1 MONTH + SECURITY DEPOSIT), ( 2 MONTHS + SECURITY DEPOSIT) OR ( 3 MONTHS + SECURITY DEPOSIT) SO WHICH OPTION DO YOU PREFER? _____________?
IF YOU HAVE A PET,
KIND OF PETS: _____________?
HABITS
DO YOU SMOKE ______________ ?
DO YOU DRINK ______________?
DO YOU WORK LATE NIGHT? ____?

Have a wonderful day and God bless you

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement

#320195 by alinikki99 Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:02 am
These people are crazy -- here is the response I got, which is identical to the one you posted.

great home <[email protected]>
9:11 PM (12 hours ago)

to me
Thanks for your email and your interest in my Home, We personally own the house and we want our property to be well taken good care of, and they are some rules and regulation in which i do give out to tenant willing to rent my house, So please don't disrespect my order, But if you are still capable of renting my house the rules and regulation goes this way.Tenant must keep our house clean including the surrounding, Tenant must also pay up rent as at when due.. I only need someone that can take good care of the house at my absence ,because right now am not around i just secured a contract out of town and i will not be back because i have gotten another Apartment down here with my Family And am here with the house keys and documents, i tried to look for management before i left but i couldn't get any in time.So If you know that you have a good credential you can email me back so that i can forward you the rental Application form to secure and occupy my house at my absent.

General house description:
Address:412 SW 15th St, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315
Bedroom: 2
Bathroom: 2
Monthly Rent: $1200
Security Deposit:$800
Total Move in Cost: $2000
Pet: Acceptable with no pet deposit in as much as they are not destructive
All Utilities are included in the rent.
There is also high speed wireless internet access.

I will like you to know that the requirement for getting the keys and documents of the house to you is a full refundable fee of $800 USD, which serve as the Security Deposit. Please note that the deposit made is fully refundable should in case you finally gain entrance into the house after receiving the keys and documents and feel unsatisfied or uncomfortable with the interior, but i am giving you a benefit of doubt that you will love everything about this lovely home.

Get back to me ASAP if you are interested because i need a tenant urgently then i will e-mail you the rental application form.

You can reach me on 678-466-0695

Micheal Alvira