Room for Rent and other rental scams
#318307 by Michelle Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:09 am
De: "Andreas Neerincx" <[email protected]>

The apartment is furnished to a good standard.
There is a comfortable king size double bed + an extra single bed. There is a sofa, a desk + chair, and a bookshelf.
The apartment got Wi-Fi & TV.
The kitchen is fully equipped with new touch stove, oven, micro, fridge & freezer.
The kitchen area got a round table + chairs.
There is a dishwasher in the kitchen.
The bathroom has a new power shower.
Washing machine & dryer is available.
Short term is accepted however we would prefer guests/tenants who stays for at least 3 months +. Attached are photos (2 weeks old) of the apartment, including Tenancy Agreement and Booking Instructions.
Kind regards,

Andreas

+4915214060670

BOOKING INSTRUCTIONS

To complete a booking before or after viewings follow the instructions

1. Print out the Tenancy Agreement

2. On page 1: Under Tenant: Fill in your name details, contact number & email

3. On page 1: Under This Tenancy Agreement is valid from: Write start date, if

known end date. If you are not sure for how long you want to stay you can

leave end date blank

4. On page 3: Fill in your name(s), sign and date

5. Scan the Tenancy Agreement and email it to:

[email protected]

6. You will get the Tenancy Agreement emailed back to you signed by

Andreas Neerincx together with the booking account details

7. Within 1 working day of having received the signed Tenancy Agreement

from Andreas Neerincx you shall make your booking payment of your 1st

month rent + 1⁄2 a month rent in refundable deposit.

8. When you have made your booking payment, you shall directly email a

receipt of such payment to: [email protected] and your booking

will be completed.

9. A confirmation email will be sent once your payment has cleared, normally

within 2 working days.

10. Arrival and Keys: 1 week notice applies prior moving in date for collection

of keys. You shall email to: [email protected] latest 1 week

before your arrival to inform what time you will be coming to collect your keys.

Keys are collected at the property to be rented by providing a valid photo ID

together with a copy of your signed Tenancy Agreement.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement

#319047 by Michelle Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:47 pm
Andreas Neerincx <[email protected]>

Hi Michelle
This is Andreas you contacted my fiancee Claire about rooms. The rooms at Rue du Taciturne are located in a new building and are furnished to a good standard. Each room has a double bed, a desk + chair, wardrobes, and a bookshelf. Wi-Fi & TV are available in the rooms.
The rooms have their private bathrooms (shower & toilet)
The house got a fully equipped kitchen with stove, oven, micro, fridge & freezer. There is a living room with sofas and a TV.
There are 2 washing machines & dryers on the ground floor of the house.
Short term is accepted however we would prefer guests/tenants who stays for at least 3 months +. Attached are photos (3 weeks old) of the rooms, kitchen, bathrooms, and living room. Also attached are Tenancy Agreements and Booking Instructions. We are currently both working in Köln/Cologne, Germany. If you are interested please leave a contact number and I will get back to you to discuss bookings / viewings or to answer any questions you may have. To be fast you could start to fill in the Tenancy Agreement and email it to me and if a room is still free I will get back to you, read the Booking Instructions and especially page 2 of the Tenancy Agreement paragraphs VIII to XII

Kind regards,

Andreas

+4915214060670

#319535 by Andreea_Radu Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:13 am
Hi Andreea,
3PDF attached.
This is Andreas you contacted Melanie regarding the double room in our apartment at Place de Londres. We are currently both working in Köln/Cologne, Germany. The apartment at Place de Londres got 2 rooms altogether. The room for rent got a king sized double bed, bedside tables, wardrobes, and a desk + a chair. The room has broadband and Wi-Fi connection. There is a private bathroom for the room. Short term is accepted however we would prefer guests/tenants who stays for at least 3 months +. Attached are photos (2 weeks old) of the room, kitchen, and bathroom, including Tenancy Agreement and Booking Instructions. If you are interested please leave a contact number and I will get back to you with more information or to discuss/answer any questions you may have.

Kind regards,
Andreas
+4915214060670
Removed outside links. (BW)

This person who is scammer of the highest degree sent me an ID on that name and with that face, and a bank account on his name. I couldn't posibly know. He asked me to transfer money to his account. He even had an exchange of emails with me and when my father called him to tell him I want to visit the room in Bruxelles, he said sure, and he never got back to us. I hope he doesn't trick other people. The police took his traces.