Room for Rent and other rental scams
#318911 by Michelle Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:32 am
Steve James <[email protected]>

Hello ,
Thanks for your email regarding my rental home. It gives me great joy to know that you are interested in renting my beautiful house, it is still very much available for rent and also available for immediate occupancy. Well my wife and I personally

own the property which you've requested to rent and I have to let you know that I and my family have just relocated to Texas. Due to my job as a missionary with the General Board of Global Ministries of the United Methodist Church International. I am presently

serving as Area Financial Executive (AFE) with the United Methodist Church in Texas. I am responsible for receiving distribution of funds for various UMC projects going on in Dallas, Texas. And all related works with other missionary activities. My current

home with my family is in the vineyard of the Lord in Dallas. Also my family and I will be spending more time here in Texas. About 7 years, before I complete my assignment here with the UMC, and that will be when my family and I will be returning back to the

state and take over the house.

However, the initial plan was to sale out the house through the realtor, which we did, and getting one we strike a deal, but later my wife advice me not to sell the house that many people are out there that are homeless or that probably need a place to

call home. I reasoned with her and accepted her advice. So I contacted the realtor and requested for the keys and documents of the house to be sent to us here in Dallas, Texas. I am telling you this should in case you find the house on another website for

sale, that is the old advertisement by the realtor and also the house is not for sell anymore, is now for rent, so I will advice you ignore the post. As a matter of fact, My wife and I are handling the renting together, because my wife and I want to be sure

of whom will be taking over the property in our absent. Also if you notice, you will discover that the price we are offering the house for rent is far below standard price and this is because we are really not after the rental fee but an absolute care for

the property in our absent is what we are concerned about and also as a Christian family that we are, we believe in helping and supporting the needy and want the house to be a blessing to the person or family who will take over the house in our absent. I know

there is no way we can be sure that you are the right person or family to live in the house because we won't be able to see physical before sending you the keys and other relevant documents to occupy the home but we believe Almighty God will bring to us the

right person or family whom will take over the house and also take proper care of the house in our absent. My house is available for immediate occupancy and should in case you drive by the house and see the for sale sign please ignore it, you have nothing

to worry about it belongs to the realtor handling the property when we try to sale the house. So you have absolutely nothing to worry about but am sure it must have been removed by now.

I wanted you to know we have decided on renting this house to a responsible and neat person or family who has the fear of God and that will also treat the house as his or her own property. Because we need the property to be taken good care off, while we

are away. Also i will want you to understand that we spent a lot on the property that you have requested to rent, so I will solicit for your absolute maintenance of this house and would want you to treat it as your own if you are approved and accepted as our

tenant to take over the house in our absent.

GENERAL HOUSE FEATURES:

House Address: 301 Oakford St, West Hempstead, NY 11552

Rent Per Month: $800.00 (Including All Utilities)

Security Deposit: $800.00 (Refundable)

Total move in cost: $1600.00

Large 3 Bedrooms, 3 Bathrooms

Living Building Square Footage: 1,846

All utilities are included in the rent.

Property Type: Single-Family Home

Pets are fully Welcome.

There is also high speed wireless internet access.

PROPERTY AMENITIES AND SOME OTHER FEATURES :-

Mint, Sunny, Colonial On Quiet St, 3 Bdrms, 21/2 Bths, Hardwood Flrs, Updated Granite Eik, Master Suite W/Fbath, 2 Lg Bdrms, Den, Full Fin Bsmt, New Energy Efficient Navien Gas Combo-Boiler, New Paver Driveway, Close To Worship, Train, Shopping.

COMPLETE THE TENANT APPLICATION FORM BELOW:

FIRST NAME:__________

MIDDLE NAME:__________

LAST NAME:__________

PROFESSION:__________

MONTHLY INCOME:_________

(CELL)PHONE:__________

(WORK)PHONE:__________

(HOME)PHONE:__________

BEST TIME TO CALL YOU:________

KIDS:_____ (YES/NO), HOW MANY:________

DO YOU HAVE A CAR____(YES/NO), HOW MANY:________

HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL BE LIVING IN THE HOUSE:__________

PRESENT ADDRESS:_____________________

CITY: _______________

STATE:______________

ZIP CODE:____________

WHY ARE YOU LEAVING YOUR PRESENT HOME:__________

CURRENT LANDLORD NAME AND PHONE NUMBER:__________________

IF THIS HOUSE IS BEING GIVEN TO YOU,

HOW LONG DO YOU INTEND STAYING:_______

WHEN DO YOU INTEND MOVING IN:________

CAN WE TRUST YOU AND OUR HOUSE SAFE KEEPING IN YOUR HAND:____________

ARE YOU SECTION 8 APPLICANT:_________

IF YOU HAVE A PET,

NAME OF PET:_____________

KIND OF PETS:_____________

HABITS

DO YOU SMOKE:______________

DO YOU DRINK:______________

DO YOU WORK LATE NIGHT:____

DO YOU AGREE TO MAKE DOWN PAYMENT TO GET THE KEYS AND DOCUMENTS:________

WHEN DO YOU WANT TO RECEIVE THE KEYS AND DOCUMENTS:____________

HOW MANY MONTH RENT CAN YOU PAY UPFRONT:___________

Kindly write back on how you will take care of the house or perhaps experience you have in renting home. Any type of pets are welcome but with some restriction, depending on the type of pet. I look forward to hear from you soonest at your convenient with

the rental application form above filled out so we can discuss further with the renting process. Please you can only drive by to look at the house from the outside, if you would like to view the house or to verify the address. Please I will also like to advice

you not to trespass the house to avoid getting into trouble with the authority just take a drive by to look at the house and come back with your comment.

Thank you and God Bless.

You Can Reach Me At: (484)243- 0286

Pastor. Steve James
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths. Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the Lord and depart from evil...."Proverbs 3: 5-7.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement