Room for Rent and other rental scams
#322449 by Michelle Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:19 pm

Hello,

Thanks for the email. Yes, the House is still available and will only be given out to the right person that will take very good care of the place and the facilities.Well i must let you know that the house has a lot of facilities like laundry facilities,air condition,internet and telephone access and car garage and other necessary facilities.I have really decided to give out the house as a result of my transfer to Houston, Texas my new place of employment.

I will be renting out the house for $1,000(Including Utilities) water,gas,electricity and garbage and a security deposit of $1000(refundable) $90 for each pet as pet deposit (negotiable) and I need to inform you as well that money is not the major reason why I am renting it out but want someone who can take care of it as if he/she owns it,let me know as soon as possible if you can take good care of it, so that we can discuss the rent further.

House Address: 7676 Birchleaf Ave, Pico Rivera, CA 90660

Bedrooms 4
Bathrooms 2
Sq. footage: 1,296

Utilities Included in the rent are water ,Gas and electricity
Pets allowed are DOGS and CATS
Drive by Immediately and see it !!!

Thanks and God bless you.
You can Text me via (678) 390-5193
Mr Michael Ortega

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement

#328189 by Bryon Williams Tue May 16, 2017 8:36 pm
Subject: House Address: 1006 Flicker Ln, Fairfield, CA 94533
To:

Sorry for the late response.

We are pleased that you have an interest in our house, Our lovely home is still available for lease and we want a responsible adults/family who are neat and also believe that they have what it takes to take care of our house as if it were theirs. My wife and I initially had it up for sale through an agent but had a change of mind in leasing it out ourselves because the agent that was in charge of our rental property was asking too much of an agent fee,posting the rentals much more than i requested and also making it difficult for people who cannot afford the rent stay away from renting my house.

The reason why our house is up for lease is because I got transferred from my place of work to HOUSTON TX, I will be away with my family for at least 4 to 5 years and because of the love I have for them, I have decided not to sell our house and also assuring them that we only have few years to spend here and will be willing to lease it out to person/family who is willing to assure us of taking absolute care of our home and pay their rent on time. I will start by telling you more in regards me and my family. I have a daughter named Leslie (20yrs) who attends University of Houston as a medical student, she has a lot going for her and she is also down to earth in all that she does to keep us happy and when she is back home on vacation, she also assist her mom in the house work when am at work. I work as a Robotic Programmer & Welder/Fitter here in HOUSTON TX and got married to a lovely wife (Lynne M Cordova) who is a member of Joyce Meyer Ministries . We will be very pleased if we can find the right tenant to rent our home, a person who is a clean freak and does not tolerate anything that has to do with dirt... we also would like to know more about you and your family, your renting experience and how long and when you plan moving into our home.

I will be renting out the house for $1200(Including Utilities) water,gas,electricity and garbage and a security deposit of $1000(refundable) $90 for each pet as pet deposit (negotiable) and I need to inform you as well that money is not the major reason why I am renting it out but want someone who can take care of it as if he/she owns it,let me know as soon as possible if you can take good care of it, so that we can discuss the rent further then i could email the rental application so that we can go from there.

House Address: 1006 Flicker Ln, Fairfield, CA 94533
Bedrooms 4
Bathrooms 2
Sq. footage: 1,376

Utilities Included in the rent are water ,Gas and electricity
Pets allowed are DOGS and CATS
Drive by Immediately and see it !!!

Thanks and God bless you.
Mr Cordova

****RENT APPLICATION DETAILS***
( Private and )
FIRST NAME:__________?
MIDDLE NAME:__________?
LAST NAME:__________?
DATE OF BIRTH:_________?
PROFESSION:__________?
COMPANY WEBSITE:______?
DRIVERS LICENSE ID CARD:________?
PHONE:
(CELL)PHONE__________?
(WORK)PHONE__________?
(HOME)PHONE__________?
MARITAL STATUS:__________?
KIDS _____ (YES/NO), HOW MANY________
PRESENT ADDRESS:_____________________
CITY:_______________
STATE:______________
ZIP CODE:____________
HOW LONG?___________IF RENTING
WHY ARE YOU LEAVING__________?
HOW LONG DO YOU INTEND STAYING?____________?
WHEN DO YOU INTEND MOVING IN?______________?
HOW SOON CAN YOU SECURE THE PROPERTY AND MAKE THE DEPOSIT PAYMENT?
IF YOU HAVE A PET,
KIND OF PETS:_____________?
HABITS
DO YOU SMOKE______________ ?
DO YOU DRINK______________?
DO YOU WORK LATE NIGHT?____?
WHEN AND WHERE DO YOU WISH TO RECEIVE THE KEYS AND DOCUMENTS OF THE House:_______________?
REFERENCE
NAME_____________
ADDRESS_____________
Get back to me as soon as you fill the application form, I can guarantee you that this is a great House so looking forward to a future collaboration and friendship.Please note that you will only be able to drive by the House for now but can't have a look at the interior until I have sent the keys and documents of the House to you.
Cheers.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/