Room for Rent and other rental scams
#322989 by Michelle Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:54 pm

Subject: stunning 1 bed, 1 bath condo located on the Downtown Victoria

Hello,

Thank you very much for taking your time to email me. l want you to know that the property you are writing me about is still available for move in but before we proceed any further l want you to know that the kind of tenant l am looking forward to have,clean,quiet,respectful and responsible someone that will treat the house with care and respect. l don’t need the partying type but if you can assure me of the safety of the house if i decided to accept you as my new tenant l will be happy to let you rent from me for as long as you wish.I want you to know am on the missionary assignment here with me and my family to West African .
The house is located in a safe and secured neighborhood which i think it is the most important thing for one to know before relocating. You are free to drive or walk by so you can tour the exterior of the building if you wish. Me and my wife decided to handle the rental process ourselves due to our past experience with estate agents and tenant because all they care about is their own commission instead of taking time to verify applicants application and do a proper background check, the last tenant that rented from us through an estate agent destroyed most of our valuable home appliances. I know how much me and my wife spent to replace the things that was destroyed in the house,a whole lot of people have contacted me regarding the house but not just sure of who to accept due to the horrible experience we had with the last tenant so i am really taking my time to look for a very responsible person
that we can trust in as a tenant, all i want is a very responsible person that will take care of the house like his/her own and if you can assure me of the house will be in good hands, i will be happy to let you rent from me for as long as you wish.

Fill the rental application form below and send it back to me as soon as you can if you are really interested in renting the house.

*****RENTAL APPLICATION FORM****
( Private and Confidential )
Fill below information correctly…
FIRST NAME:__________
MIDDLE NAME:__________
LAST NAME:__________
(CELL)PHONE__________
KIDS _____ (YES/NO), HOW MANY ________
PRESENT ADDRESS: _____________________
CITY: _______________
STATE:______________
ZIP CODE: ____________
WHEN DO YOU INTEND MOVING IN? ______________
HOW LONG DO YOU INTEND STAYING? ____________
WHY ARE YOU LEAVING? _______________________________________________________________________
HOW MANY MONTH RENT ARE YOU WILLING TO PAY UPFRONT_________
HOW SOON CAN YOU MAKE THE DEPOSIT FEES_________
DO YOU HAVE PET _________
HABITS
DO YOU SMOKE ______________
DO YOU DRINK ______________
DO YOU WORK LATE NIGHT _________
PICTURES OF OCCUPANT _____________
REFERENCE
NAME_____________
ADDRESS_____________

Applicant represents that all information given on this application is true and correct. Applicant hereby authorizes verification of all references and facts. l look forward to hearing from you once you have filled the rental application so that we can proceed with the rental process.

Thanks And God Bless You

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement