Room for Rent and other rental scams
#323500 by Veronika Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:33 am
Hi,

I almost sent my money to Russo Andrea but I luckily found his name here and avoided losing money.
I found his adverts on craigslist, when I was looking for a room to rent in Jerusalem.
He uses several email addresses, the email he sent to me was from [email protected],
and he also sent me an email under different alias: Joseph Hilton emailing from [email protected].

The emails he (or she, who knows!) sent me emails that look very good, and I didn't suspect anything,
See the first email he sent me from [email protected]
---
Hello ,

Thanks for the mail, i am so happy to let you know that the apartment is still very much available for rent.Here are some important information about the apartment.The apartment cost 2000ILS per month including all bills such as: Wireless internet facilities, Television, Phone, Microwave, Dish washer, washing machine, Dryer, Refrigerator,Bedroom,Bathroom, Toilet,Livingroom, kitchen, utility room, parking space, dishes, cutlery, pots, pans, fridge, stove, oven, microwave and coffee maker. The bedroom has a full bed with down duvet & pillows, the blankets, and a 6 drawer dresser, dining table, reading chair, fold out couch, water, hydro.

Plus 3000ILS for security deposit payment which is refundable while packing without any lost or damage of my properties.

The apartment is located at 10 Ben Hillel St., Jerusalem 9423117, Israel apartment 11 and it just about 1.2km distance to its metro station,the apartment spacious is about 80sqm and a room is about 30sqm, restaurant and public transport all around and it's few mins walking distance to the supermarket, so it's located in a very nice and safe area in Jerusalem.its on the second floor of the building.

To know much more about the environment,just open www,google.com, click on map, copy the address and paste it into the map, you will surely see the building and the environment very clearly.

But presently am not available in Jerusalem for now as am presently in United kingdom now to complete my work with my company and am here with my families and my keys.But all you need to do is to go straight to the address i sent you to take a look of the apartment from outside ,But i want you to have it mind that the apartment is presently locked and am here with the keys.that is the reason why i sent you my apartment picture just for you to have an idea of how the inside looks like.you will be living in my apartment without sharing it with anybody.it is available for short term and long term basis because am going to be here for 2 years and i dont want my apartment to be dusty when coming back After 2 years,that is the main reason why am renting out my apartment.

But before any reservation,Can you tell me little about yourself,Anything you think you want me to know about you.

where are you from and also where are you presently?
what is your experience in renting an apartment?
Have you ever rent an apartment before?
Did you smoke?
Did you have pet?
did you take drugs?
did you have car?
Are you going to stay alone?
Are you paying the rent yourself?
What are you doing for living?
How old are you?
What is your gender?
Phone number?
Mobile Number?
What is the best time to call you?

Attach are some pictures of how my Apartment looks like.That is the information you need to know about my Apartment.If you are interested in renting my Apartment Kindly get back to me so that i can tell you on how to get it reserved.Here is my uk mobile number +447045780295 or +447035941978 for further discussion on the apartment.

Best regards,
Russo
_ _ _ _ _
After this I sent him an email answering all the questions (I still believed it was a legitimate place to rent)
He replied:
__ _ _ _ _
Hello

Thanks for getting back to me and your understanding. Here is little about myself...My name is Russo Andrea, I was born in Italy but i live in Great britian, my father is from Italy and mother from Israel ,Am married with 2 daughters,Am nice, faithful, loyal, honest, caring, open minded,I work in Construction company here in United Kingdom.i don't smoke but i drink socially.i love pet,I love warm weather, tropical drinks and sandy beaches. I like to party and have fun.

Two years ago, I Inherit the apartment from my late mother who is from Israel it's because am the only child and also here working for my company in United Kingdom and there is no way i could come to take good care of the apartment myself that's why i am looking for a reliable tenant who is going to take good care of this apartment for me in my absence

Whenever i traveled like that, I make use of house agent or a friend of mine over there but they cheated a lot on my tenants and my tenants complains alot about that. That is the reason why i took the keys along with me because i don't want my apartment to be used anyhow in my absence.

Also,I would like to put my trust in you.

For you to get the place reserved we will both sign my rental agreement contract which is going be prepared and signed by my lawyer, which is documented with English law's because it is going to stand as guarantee for both of us.

The contract has already been signed by my lawyer,I will sign it,scan it,send it to your email box and immediately you receive it, you are to print it out as well,sign it, scan it, email it back to me.

Do get back to me with the below informations so that we can proceed further:

Your full name:
Your full address:
Nationality:
Passport id:
Phone number:
Date of birth:
Move in date and out:

After that you will go ahead with your payment which is your first month rent and security deposit . Once your payment is confirmed by me, i will post the keys and the receipt of your payment to you via DHL courier service .it is just 1-2 days delivery and email you the shipping code for you to know when the keys will be deliver to you so that you can have your keys and move into my apartment.

Kindly get back to me to let me know what you think about this proceedure so that i can send the rental agreement contract to you for you to sign..If i didnt response to your call that means am busy at work

Best
Regards
Russo
_ _ _ _
The other email he sent me from the other email address was:
Thank you so much for your interest, I'm so glad to hear from you. My apartment is still Available for rent and below are the information you need to know about my apartment:

Flat address: Hakarmel St 28, Jerusalem, 94309, Israel
Apartment Floor: It is on the first floor of the building
Rent Per month : 2000NIS and utilities is included in the rent amount per month
Security Deposit: 3000NIS which will be given back to you when moving out without any loss or damage of my property.

Size of accommodation: 49,8m2.

But presently am not available in Jerusalem to show you around as am presently in United Kingdom now to work with my company and am here with my keys.All you need to do is to go straight to the address i sent you to take a look of the apartment from outside. But i want you to Understand that my apartment is presently locked and am here with the keys.That is the reason why i am sending you my apartment pictures just for you to have an idea of how the inside looks like.It is available for short term and long term basis depend on how long you want it because am going to be here for one years and i don't want my apartment to be dusty .That is the reason why i want to rent out this apartment so that you can take good care of the apartment for me in my absence.

My apartment is Two bedroom apartment flat but am renting out one bedroom because i have my stuffs in the second bedroom.Your own bedroom picture is the one sending to you, you will be living in the apartment alone because am not around at the moment and am still going to be here for over one year.

My apartment is well furnished and fully decorated with a lot of house and kitchen equipment such as:Wireless internet facilities, Television, Phone, Microwave, Dish washer, washing machine, Dryer, Refrigerator,Bedroom, Bathroom, Toilet,Living room, kitchen, utility room, parking space, dishes, cutlery, pots, pans, fridge, stove, oven and coffee maker.The bills of all the utilities is included in the rent amount.The apartment spacious is about 49,8m2, restaurant and public transport all around and it's few mins walking distance to the supermarket, so it's located in a very nice and safe area in Jerusalem

Attached are some pictures of how my apartment Bedroom, living room, kitchen, toilet and bathroom looks like.That is the information you need to know about my apartment.If you are interested in renting my apartment Kindly get back to me...Here is my uk mobile number +447440703457

Regards
Joseph

_______
WATCH OUT FOR THIS GUY!
He obviously has no shame!
Advertisement

#327036 by cgm931 Thu May 04, 2017 1:58 am
Wow!
I was looking for a flat in Berlin and I saw a cool ad on fb. I asked about it and the person (Antoinette Sarah <[email protected]>) told me it had already been rented (after a few hours of publishing) but told me her neighbour was also renting. His name, Joseph Hilton. This is the email she sent me;

I am so happy to hear from you that you are interested in renting my apartment but it is sad to let you know that someone faster than you has already book my apartment not quiet long and she has book it for one year.But i can still help you out by introducing you to one of our neighbor who is presently in abroad to work with his company and his apartment is empty at the moment..it will be advisable if you can contact him to know if his apartment is still available for rent.

Name: Joseph Hilton

Private email: [email protected]

Kindly sent him a message via his email address to know if his apartment is available for rent and for more information about his apartment but his apartment is very clean and it is located in the city center as well.

Regards

So I contacted this guy and seemed like a scam, so just wanted to publish my experience as well, in case his email re-appears. This was his email reply;

Thank you so much for your interest, I'm so glad to hear from you. My apartment is still Available for rent and below are the information you need to know about my apartment:

Below is the information you need to know about my apartment:

Flat address: Albrechtstraße 15 10117 Berlin Germany
Apartment Floor: It is on the on the Second floor of the building
Rent Per month : 400EUR and utilities is included in the rent amount per month
Security Deposit: 500EUR which will be given back to you when moving out without any loss or damage of my property.

Size of accommodation: 49,8m2.

But presently am not available in Berlin to show you around as am presently in United Kingdom now to work with my company and am here with my keys.All you need to do is to go straight to the address i sent you to take a look of the apartment from outside. But i want you to Understand that my apartment is presently locked and am here with the keys.That is the reason why i am sending you my apartment pictures just for you to have an idea of how the inside looks like.It is available for short term and long term basis depend on how long you want it because am going to be here for one years and i don't want my apartment to be dusty .That is the reason why i want to rent out this apartment so that you can take good care of the apartment for me in my absence.

My apartment is Two bedroom apartment flat but am renting out one bedroom because i have my stuffs in the second bedroom.Your own bedroom picture is the one sending to you, you will be living in the apartment alone because am not around at the moment and am still going to be here for over one year.

My apartment is well furnished and fully decorated with a lot of house and kitchen equipment such as:Wireless internet facilities, Television, Phone, Microwave, Dish washer, washing machine, Dryer, Refrigerator,Bedroom, Bathroom, Toilet,Living room, kitchen, utility room, parking space, dishes, cutlery, pots, pans, fridge, stove, oven and coffee maker.The bills of all the utilities is included in the rent amount.The apartment spacious is about 49,8m2, restaurant and public transport all around and it's few mins walking distance to the supermarket, so it's located in a very nice and safe area in Berlin

Attached are some pictures of how my apartment Bedroom, living room, kitchen, toilet and bathroom looks like.That is the information you need to know about my apartment.If you are interested in renting my apartment Kindly get back to me...Here is my uk mobile number +447440703457

Regards

So yeah... what a scammer!
#334911 by Normal_Human Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:01 am
Jesus Christ, I just don't believe it

Same ad, same person, same text and everyting about the flats, his family, job etc ... but this time in Copenhagen

Thanks guys, love you all for saving me here :)

Cheers
Normal_Human