Room for Rent and other rental scams
#325455 by Michelle Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:39 am
Karin Hanna Elovsson [mailto:[email protected]]

Hello,

Thanks for replying to my ad! Attached are some pictures.The apartment is fully furnished and it is in the exact state as shown in the attached pictures.

The apartment is located at 27 Fleet Street, Dublin,D2, Ireland. The apartment is Fully furnished unit with beautiful Shower in Bathroom, Kitchen, Living room, Balcony, yard, Parking space and much more. Just bring your cloths; I have everything else here for you. The apartment is close to Bus Stops, Major Grocery, Shopping Stores is in a very conducive environment. it will only cost you Euros 490 for a month and the price includes all utilities charges in the apartment (Water, internet, electricity and heating) and the security deposit which will be refund to you after your stay in the apartment is Euros 700

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Karin

Karin Hanna Elovsson [mailto:[email protected]]

Hello,

Thanks for the interest you have toward renting my apartment.

Am currently out of the country for work and that the reason am renting out the apartment.But now that you are interested in renting my apartment and if you will like me to reserve it for you then you will have to send me the following details.

1) full name and address 2) move in date and move out date 3) Any means of your identity (Passport copy or ID card).

I will be needing this details to prepare the lease contract as we need to legalize the rent by signing a contract after that you will proceed with the payment of the first month rent and security deposit to confirm the reservation and an assurance towards renting the apartment after this, you will have a receipt in return for the payment made which you will attach with the lease contract as a legal tenant and you can easily move in when you arrive.

About the payment: The payment has to be paid to the account of my solicitor,who is responsible for the all the legal and payment about the apartment. When he confirmed the payment he will issue the rental payment receipt and i can send it to you.

I look forward to read from you

Best Regard, Karin

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement