Room for Rent and other rental scams
#325745 by Michelle Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:11 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your interest, I just read your e-mail regarding my apartment located at ( 13 Robert Street, S Dublin 8, Ireland ) Due to the nature of my job i left for Edinburgh Scotland on a project assignment, and i will be here for years that's why i decided to rent out the apartment.

The apartment spacious is about 80sqm m2 and size of bedroom is 32sq m2., tile flooring in kitchen, gas cooker, Fridge, micro-wave, lots of cabinets and drawers. bathrooms feature new vanities, toilets, tub washing machine & dryer. Hi-Speed WiFi Internet, TV, telephone also included.

However due to the fact that i am away. the apartment is locked up and i have the keys with me here, so i will not be able to show you the apartment right now, but i will urge you to go to the apartment address and take a look at it from outside and the beautiful environment. It just about 1.2km distance to its metro station, restaurant and public transport all around and it's few mins walking distance to the supermarket, so it's located in a very nice and safe area in Dublin. its on the second floor of the building.

The Rent is €450.00/month (Water, Gas, Electricity, Hi-Speed WiFi Internet and trash included in the rent) ( applicable with €500.00 deposit which is refundable while packing without any lost or damage of my properties)

Before reservation i will want you to tell me little about your self:

Where are you from and also where are you presently?
Present occupation?
Are you paying the rent yourself?
How many month rent can you pay before moving in?
Did you have car?
what is your gender?
How old are you?
Mobile Number #?
Best time to call you?
Pictures of the occupant if available?

That is the information you need to know about my apartment. If you are interested kindly get back to me in order to proceed further. you can simply reach me on my phone number below for further discussion on the apartment.

Thanks And Have a Great Day!
James Pickard
Deputy General Manager (J Breheny Contractors Ltd)
Ph: +44-7087691089
http://www.breheny.co.uk/

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement

#351704 by iciala Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:48 pm
He's still at it! Here are the two emails I received today.

Email 1 of 2

Hello,

Thank you for your interest and inquiries. The apartment is still very much available for move right now and i am renting it out for both short and long term period of time depending on how long lease you are willing to sign.

The Apartment features: Hardwood floor, couch, air conditioning, dining area, Kitchen equipment including stainless steel appliances such as cooker, refrigerator, washing machine, microwave, room has queen size bed, large closet, blinds, toilets tub and attached bathroom. many amenities and bus stops within walking distance of the property.

The rent is 450.00€/month Plus 500.00€ refundable deposit ( Electricity, Gas, Water, WiFi + cable TV 180 programs are included in the rent )

However, I am presently in Edinburgh on Research Methodology. The Apartment is locked up at the moment and i have the keys with me but there is self viewing for the Apartment so i would like you to please drive by the house address and take a look at the building with the beautiful environment and get back to me if you are willing to proceed further.

Property address: ( 13 Robert Street, S Dublin 8, Ireland ), I have also attached to this email few pictures of the property for you to have an idea of how the inside of my Apartment looks like.

Before any reservation, can you tell me little expression about yourself,

Where are you from and also where are you presently?
Present occupation?
what is your gender and How old are you?
what is your experience in renting an apartment?
How many proposed occupants?
Are you paying the rent yourself?
How many month rent can you pay before moving in?
Did you have car?
Mobile Number #?
Best time to call you?
Pictures of the occupant if available?

I will be waiting for your response Asap in order to proceed further. You can simply Call / Text me at my phone number below for further discussion on the property.

Thanks and have a Great day!
James Pickard
Research Manager (J Breheny Contractors Ltd)
Ph: +44 (753) 719 7023

Email 2 of 2.

Hello xxxxxx,

Thanks for the reply and also for the introduction of your self,

A little more about me:
My name is James Pickard, 30 years old (male), British / Irish, I'm a mature individual, I have a science & technology background and I work in research (I develop new measurement tools). I like to run and bike a lot, do lots of rock climbing and alpinism, I speak: English, German and (some) French.

I was once make use of realtor but the agent inflates the price and it takes longer to rent out and also his not competent enough to handle the welfare of my property that was the reason why i took the keys along with me. I will want you to keep my apartment tidy so that i will be glad to see it neat when i come for a check up.

For you to reserve the apartment a lease agreement will be drafted by my lawyer for both of us to sign, I will signed it and scanned it to your email, all you need to do is to printed it out read it carefully, signed and email it back to me.

After the payment of your first month rent and deposit has been confirmed. I will ship the entrance and the Keys, Paper / permanent home (which contains your reference) Apartment documentary file, Receipt payment and house description to you via DHL Courier Services (1-2 days delivery ) and a shipment tracking number will be emailed to you so that you can track it to know the exact time the package will be delivered to you.

Fill out the information below to draft for the lease agreement:

Your full name:
Your full address:
Nationality:
Passport id:
Phone number:
Date of birth:
Move in date and out:
Earliest possible date of deposit payment:

Get back to me if you are willing to proceed further, I may be out of reach when ever i am at work and depending on network coverage. if its important to you to have a call i will let to know when its my day off. Thanks again for your time and look forward to hear from you soon.

Yours sincerely
James Pickard
Research Manager (J Breheny Contractors Ltd)
Ph: +44 (753) 719 7023