Room for Rent and other rental scams
#325899 by Michelle Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:03 pm

Subject: Re: Alex Chappell 6003 E 6th Ave apt Y2

Thanks for your mail and also for contacting me on the apartment, also sorry for the late response...I am REV. ALEX SHEAHAN, the owner of the apartment you are making inquiry of. I must confess to you that you are so lucky. Presently my apartment is still available for rent for $500 USD (rent already includes utilities). Due to our present location, i have been transferred to NAIROBI, KENYA on a Missionary Work by my church. My wife came here to join me with my kids after some months i was transfer because My Father is ill and the hospital transfer him to Argentina for surgery. So my wife had to come along with the keys and all the documents to the apartment since my father is not around. The apartment is available for 5 years for now but you can live there as long as you can and you can also move out as long as you can, you just need to inform me a month before you live so that i can look for another tenant like you do. Please i want you to note that i spent a lot on my property that i want to give to you for rent, so i will solicit for your absolute maintenance of this apartment and want you to treat it as your own, It is not the money that is the main problem but i want you to keep it tidy all the time so that i will be glad to see it neat when i come for a check up. I also want you to let me have trust in you as i always stand on my word because we are renting it out since we need someone to take good care of the apartment for us on our absent. Don't be surprise if you find the apartment with another site with a deference price, I have plan to rent it through Real estate before, but they are not serious simply because they have a lot of property to lease out and they also put our apartment in a higher rate while there commission is not fair. Have this in mind you must know the kind of person that I'm nevertheless I am giving you this rules because of what corresponded between me and our last tenant so I will need to ship the keys to you before you can occupy the apartment But you can drive by the apartment anytime to take a look at the area and surrounding and you can call me at anytime, this is the best number to reach me 518-880-2605.

This is the address of the Apartment (6003 E 6th Ave APT Y2, Spokane Valley, WA 99212)
It has a dramatic entry foyer with ceramic floor. Extremely spacious rooms throughout. Nice and light! Very quiet, low traffic area. I believe its absolutely a perfect place for you and your family.Utilities include Electric,Water,Trash,Sewer,Gas Etc....

Number of Bedrooms: 1
Pets are welcome!!!

SO IF YOU ARE REALLY INTERESTED I WILL WANT YOU TO FILL THE RENT APPLICATION FORM BELOW.
RENT APPLICATION FORM.
FIRST NAME:__________?
MIDDLE NAME:___________?
LAST NAME:_____________________?
PROFESSION:______________________?
BEST NUMBER TO REACH YOU:______________________?
PRESENT ADDRESS:________ ?
HOW MANY WILL BE MOVE IN:________?
AGE'S:__________________?
PETS:_________ ?
HOW MANY?_______?
HABITS
DO YOU SMOKE______________ ?
DO YOU DRINK______________?
DO YOU WORK LATE NIGHT?____?
MOVE IN DATE____________________________?
HOW SOON CAN YOU HAVE THE RENT AND DEPOSIT PAYMENT SEND TO ME___________________________?
HOW SOON DO YOU WANT TO RECEIVE THE KEYS AND DOCUMENT OF THE APARTMENT___________________________?

The Landlord is authorized to use the information provided herein to conduct any and all investigations as deemed prudent by the Landlord.
The apartment is available for rent at the moment so you are free to move in as soon as you wish to. A Deposit of $500 (which happens to be the security deposit) is required before moving in. Arrangements on how to get the keys and other necessary documents delivered to you. The apartment will be available for rent for a period of 5 years so you have a choice of deciding how long you intend staying there.

FEEL FREE TO CALL OR TEXT ME AT 518-880-2605..

Landlord,
REV. ALEX SHEAHAN.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement