Room for Rent and other rental scams
#326250 by Michelle Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:05 am

Hello, my name is Chiara, I'm from Italy. The apartment located in Calle Bilbao 145 is still available. As you can see it's in excellent condition, very clean and well kept. It's the first time I'm renting this apartment.
The rent is 580 € including the expenses.
Thanks for your time and looking forward to your news.
Sincerely
Chiara Trentini

Thank you for your response. Like I have told you before, the price is 580 € per month including all the bills (water, electricity,heating and community fees), and I want also a guarantee deposit of one month of rent.
Regarding the monthly payments I want to receive them into my bank account, so I hope it will be no problem.
I'm willing to send you the keys so you can visit it and see if it suits your needs. The delivery of the keys and viewing permit signed by me, will be made with Airbnb (www.airbnb.com) to make sure that we can trust each other. I will support the Airbnb fees!

I would like to know more details about you.This just to know us better, it is very important for me to know who will live in my apartment.

I await for your answer, thank you.
Chiara Trentini

Chiara Trentini wrote:

Thank you very much for the information. First of all, I want to tell you that if you are ready to proceed with this transaction I will inform you about how this service works.
You will have 2 days to inspect the apartment before your final decision to rent. I will pay the shipping costs!

This is how they work :
- I will make the delivery papers at Airbnb.
- After I will make the arrangements, they will require for your payment confirmation of the first month and the guarantee deposit (1160 €). Airbnb will send you a delivery notification to let you know they have the keys and the papers in their custody. Also Airbnb will give you further instructions about the money deposit.
- After the payment is confirmed, they will start the delivery process. Once you receive the keys, you will have a 2 days inspection period before your final decision to rent.
- If everything is in order, you will instruct Airbnb to give me the money. Further rents will be sent directly to my bank account.
- If you refuse to rent the flat, Airbnb will give you a full refund (1160 €) and you will give them back the package.

If you agree then, you need to forward me your name and address so I will be able to make all the arrangements with Airbnb.

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.
Sincerely
Chiara Trentini

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities

Advertisement

#326954 by Michelle Wed May 03, 2017 3:22 am

Here is the payment detail -

To complete the transaction, payment must be made using bank-to-bank electronic wire transfer. Wire transfer or credit transfer is a method of transferring money from one person or institution (entity) to another. A wire transfer can be made from one bank account to another bank account or through a transfer of cash at a cash office.

1. Send the payment using the following broker details:

Bank Name: Credito Emiliano S.p.A.
Account Holder: Popa Ionel
IBAN: IT60 D030 3270 4600 1000 0001 223
Swift/ BIC: BACRIT21723

2. After sending your transfer, please email your bank receipt to [email protected]. Please note that we must receive your email with the receipt before we request confirmation from our local bank.

As a payment reference please use your receipt number:

Please use the details exactly as written above. Do not modify account name or account details otherwise your payment will be rejected by our system.

Account names are generated to be unique for each transaction so we can identify your payments faster.

Note: You will receive a copy of this invoice in your registered email address. Please check your inbox and your junk/spam folder as well.

Airbnb is authorised to accept Accommodation Fees on behalf of the Host as its limited agent. This means that your payment obligation to the Host is satisfied by your payment to Airbnb. Any disagreements by the Host regarding that payment must be settled between the Host and Airbnb.