Room for Rent and other rental scams
#115775 by Hansson_81 Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:30 pm
Hi!

My name is Christian im from Sweden, and i was realy close to being scammed by this " Justin Bushby " .
Same story as you other guys....
This is his most recently used email adresses - [email protected] and [email protected]

He claims that he will send a contract and the keys i asked for, whit the company Trulia which u all know is a fake company.
Whwn i asked him, i want to see the apartment first and i want to read the contract before i pay anything.
He email´d me a PDF contract, i don´t know how to upload it here but it was totaly fake and it basically said im gonna pay him 720 euros / month for nothing.

This is his letters to me -

Hello,

Thanks for your interest, i bought this apartment for my son during he's studies , but now he's back home in London UK permanently, so i'm renting the place for unlimited time. Before we go any further i would like to know something about you, like how many persons you intend to live in the apartment, what is your job , how old are you and for how long you will stay . The flat is exactly like in the pictures, fully furnished equipped and renovated. Also, very important, the utilities water hot/cold, electricity, heating, gas, Internet, cable, parking space, dishwasher, garbage disposal, are included in the price of 6000 SEK per month and i believe it is convenient for both of us. All the bills will be paid by me and you have to pay only the money for the rent in every month. The security deposit is also 6000 SEK, and you get it back, when you decide to leave the apartment ( you will have to give me at least 1 month notice ). You can use my furniture, or you can also use your own if you prefer. I'm a Neuro-Oncology doctor from London - United Kingdom . I can make arrangements to rent the apartment from here fast and easy . I look forward to hear from you soon. Thanks

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Friday, July 20, 2012 5:05 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Ang. Lägenhet i stokholm

And his second letter -

Hello ,

Thank you for your reply but the thing is that I'm in United Kingdom already. Like I have inform you before, the price you must pay on the first month of rent will be 6000 SEK + 6000 SEK security deposit ( 12.000 SEK ), with no extra fees . I must have one month rent + security deposit from you. The money, I want to receive it monthly to my bank account, so I hope it will be no problem for you to wire the money to my bank account. The apartment is ready for you, you will need only to receive the keys and the contract to check it, and see if you like it. Obviously we need a way to complete this deal, that will allow us to make sure we receive what we are after. So i have found a way for us to complete the deal safely and fast, and in this way you will receive the Keys in less than 2 days, if you move fast as well . The solution is provided by a rental company called Trulia which is similar to FedEx or UPS, which will handle both payment and delivery of the keys. I have found a procedure that will allow you receive the keys of it and through this way you will see it and decide if you will stay in the apt or not before I receive my payment. To start this transaction, I need your full name, address and telephone number. I will also need to know the rental period and the day you want to move in so I can put it in the contract. I will pay for the services of the agency, so there will be no costs for you. Also, in case you have another apartment right now, and you cannot move out immediately, we can make the deal as I explained it now, and consider it only an inspection and reservation.

I am waiting for your quick response, because there are several others interested in the apartment, and I need to know if I can count on a deal with you.

Thanks

Sent: Monday, July 23, 2012 4:20 PM
To: Justin Bushby
Subject: Re: Ang. Lägenhet i stokholm

And the third answer i get when i asked if we could come and see the apartment was only this -

You haven’t received any notice from Trulia yet ?

Thank you for this site! :D i hope i helped others whit this email and if someone meets this " bushby guy" make sure u say hello from me to! :twisted:

// Removed personal information. ~Bubbles
Last edited by Bubbles on Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: moved to give its own topic.
Advertisement

#115944 by Bubbles Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:07 pm
Welcome to ScamWarners Hansson_81 and thank you for posting this information. Trulia is a real company. They list property for sale or lease on the internet. They are like a Multiple Listing Service. You instinct is correct, Turlia does not handle transactions in any way at all. They certainly do not hold the keys for an owner.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#116901 by hel-roh Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:09 pm
Another attempt by Justin Bushby, claiming as he has obviously done multiple times to be an Neuro-Oncology doctor from UK who had bought a flat for his son who had recently completed two years of study in Gothenburg. Low rental cost, all running expenses paid, key/payment arrangement through Trulio, two different email addresses; [email protected] and [email protected]. Luckily, we found him through scamwarners before we went any further. Be sure to stay away from this guy or any similar story told under a different name.
#117142 by farah1984 Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:05 pm
that is what he send to me
Hello,

Thanks for your interest, i bought this apartment for my son during he's
studies , but now he's back home in London UK permanently, so i'm renting
the place for unlimited time. Before we go any further i would like to know
something about you, like how many persons you intend to live in the
apartment, what is your job , how old are you and for how long you will stay
. The flat is exactly like in the pictures, fully furnished equipped and
renovated. Also, very important, the utilities water hot/cold, electricity,
heating, gas, Internet, cable, parking space, dishwasher, garbage disposal,
are included in the price of 4000 SEK per month and i believe it is
convenient for both of us. All the bills will be paid by me and you have to
pay only the money for the rent in every month. The security deposit is also
4000 SEK, and you get it back, when you decide to leave the apartment ( you
will have to give me at least 1 month notice ). You can use my furniture, or
you can also use your own if you prefer. I'm a Neuro-Oncology doctor from
London - United Kingdom . I can make arrangements to rent the apartment from
here fast and easy . I look forward to hear from you soon. Thanks
Last edited by farah1984 on Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#117145 by farah1984 Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:11 pm
and this is his new email
[email protected]

The reason we have to deal through this method is because you must be both protected because you can't send me the money directly with no protection and i must have a warranty to send you the keys , i hope you understand i can't just send the keys to anyone . they will hold the money and send you the keys as well . The tenant must deposit the money to the agency's bank account . After you deposit the money, you will receive the keys and contract and go to see the apartment . After that if everything looks good you have to confirm if want to keep it or not. If you keep the apartment, the agency will pay me, if you don't want the apartment, they will give you the money back .

so convincing
#117325 by Ironvos Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:08 pm
He strikes again, this time he tried putting up an apartment in Ghent, Belgium.
Used thesame replies as already posted in this thread.
Two emailadress seem to be used for this.
The real estate website send my mail to "[email protected]"
And he replied from "[email protected]"
#117385 by Pyromaanilapsi Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:02 pm
Ironvos wrote:And he replied from "[email protected]"

This message came from Dr. David Wilson:

"Hello,

Thanks for your interest, i bought this apartment for my son during he's
studies , but now he's back home in London UK permanently, so i'm renting
the place for unlimited time. Before we go any further i would like to know
something about you, like how many persons you intend to live in the
apartment, what is your job , how old are you and for how long you will stay
. The flat is exactly like in the pictures, fully furnished equipped and
renovated. Also, very important, the utilities water hot/cold, electricity,
heating, gas, Internet, cable, parking space, dishwasher, garbage disposal,
are included in the price of 500 eur per month and i believe it is
convenient for both of us. All the bills will be paid by me and you have to
pay only the money for the rent in every month. The security deposit is also
500 eur , and you get it back, when you decide to leave the apartment ( you
will have to give me at least 1 month notice ). You can use my furniture, or
you can also use your own if you prefer. I'm a Neuro-Oncology doctor from
London - United Kingdom . I can make arrangements to rent the apartment from
here fast and easy . I look forward to hear from you soon. Thanks"

My e-mail was sent to this address: [email protected] and he replied from the address above.
This time he was renting an apartment in Tampere, Finland through tori.fi -website.
But he didn't ask for money before sending the keys, only my name and address?
Thanks to you, scamwarners.com, I found out about these scams (and found [email protected] address in here) so nothing bad happened! But I wonder... What would he do with my address? Send dirty socks to me?
#118786 by la1234 Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:46 am
Hi guys, and thanks for the warnings you sent out! I just got an email from David S Wilson, exactly like the one you posted here. I always check things up on the internet first when I deal with people I don´t know, but this time I answered him first even though it seemed to good do be true, so I guess I will get a reply soon.
This makes me so angry, who does he think he is? I guess there is no point in telling the police or so. The "funny" thing is that now it is about an apartment i Stockholm on the same street where I rent an apartment right now.

I wonder how I will reply him the next time...
#118840 by Bubbles Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:10 am
Welcome to ScamWarners la1234. We are glad you realize you are dealing with a scammer. It is always best to just stop communication with a scammer once you realize you are dealing with such a criminal. All they want to do is try to get into your bank account.

No need to reply to him at all. Just drop communication with him.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#120559 by Cicci Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:21 pm
Same here, he used the name David Wilson from [email protected]
Same story, a real scammer!
There is a real company called Trulia.com but this was trulia-realest.co.uk registered 27 July 2012.
#120580 by Mike Wilson Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:45 pm
www.trulia-realest.co.uk is in the process of being reported for fraud.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#121539 by qpazuzu Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:21 pm
This person is using the following name and mail address now

Kim jorgensen
[email protected]

Ad has been removed from blocket.se

Keys to the apartment sent via NUSCARGO
Last edited by qpazuzu on Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.