Room for Rent and other rental scams
#120791 by Con Warner Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:13 pm

Hello,

Thank you for your interest to rent my apartment and I`m sorry to write you in English but I don't speak german. Also I'm sorry for my long e-mail, but please take 3 minutes to read to and you will not regret it. The apartment is still available and I would like to rent it to anyone that deals with the care facility. Apartment have 1 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms, 1 kitchen and 1 living room and is located in: Albrechtstraße 34, 10117, Berlin, Germany. The apartment has a range of facilities including washing machine, air conditioning, Internet and telephone, a car park. Also, I have no problem with pets. The minimum rental period is 2 month, but also a perpetual lease is possible.
The apartment is furnished as seen in the photos, but I also have the option of shipment / storage of all my furniture if you want to bring your own equipment (no additional cost). The monthly rent is 300 Euro including all utilities (water, electricity, Internet, cable, parking, air conditioning, fireplace, dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, refrigerator). The deposit ( Kaution ) is 300 EUR and up on termination of the lease will be refunded to you ( you will have to give me at least 2 moths notice before to leave the apartment).

I bought this apartment for my son during he studies in Germany, but now he come back home ( Guildford / United Kingdom ) permanently, so I'm renting the place for unlimited time. Before we go any further I would like to know a little something about you, like how many persons you intend to live in the apartment, and for how long.

Now, a little bit about myself so we can get to know each other better. My name is Dr. Kevin Pemtacon and I'm a 56 years old Ophthalmology doctor from Guildford / United Kingdom ( Guildford Hospital ), planning to retire in the next 5 years.The only inconvenience is that my job doesn't allow me to leave Guildford even for one single day. But this won't affect you at all. I can make arrangements to rent the apartment from Guildford (on my expense of course).

Thank you for your interest and I will look forward to hearing from you soon.

Dr. Kevin Pemtacon

P.S: Please tell me if this is what are you looking for and reply my only if you are truly interested in the apt.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement