Room for Rent and other rental scams
#148388 by Con Warner Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:15 am
To: Con Warner
Subject: $750 / 3br - 1782ft² - Great family

Hello,

Thanks for your email, Sorry for the late respond....I personally own the house, I want my property to be well taken good care of there are some rules and regulation. I do give out to tenant willing to rent my house please don't disrespect my order but if you are still capable of renting my house the rules and regulation goes his way.........You must keep my house clean including the surrounding, you must know how to use the stove to avoid fire outbreak, you must not disturb the neighbor. I decided to rent out the property due to our transfer to (West Africa) for Missionary Work in a church here named World Mission because formally the house was for sale but my husband advised me not to sell it anymore, now l want to rent the house because I'm looking for someone to move in asap. We are renting it out because we need someone to take good care of the property because of the distance we are not after the money. Don't be surprise if you find this house at
another website with different price, I plan to rent it through Real estate before but they are not serious because they have a lot of house to lease out and they added some money to rent it and the commission is not flexible. Have this in mind you must know the kind of person I'm because am giving you this rules because of what or responded between me and my last tenant , you can drive by the house anytime to take a look at the area and surrounding. For now we are looking for 2 or 3 years lease or rather lets us know how long you wish to stay.

Let me know if you are still interested to able me forward you the Rental Questionnaire to fill out...

PROPERTY DESCRIPTION...........

Number of Bedrooms: 3 Beds
Number of baths: 2.0
Square footage: 1,782
Pets are welcome!!!
Rent: $750
Refundable security Deposit: $750
House Address: 3703 Ardenne College Station, TX 77845

Thanks and God bless you.
Laura Millican & family
+2347044078153

BELOW IS THE FRONT PICTURE OF MY HOUSE AND THE INSIDE.....

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement

#150712 by Michelle Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:58 am
Date: Feb 6, 2013 6:35 AM
Subject: Re: $550 / 3br - 1624ft&sup2; - Spacious home (Charlotte, NC)
To: Michelle Banks

Good Day!

Thank you for your response regarding to my AD posted on craigslist. The house is still available. However i was on a research trip to MCDONOUGH, GEORGIA as a Consulting Engineers for International Projects and this is going to last for years and because of my long stay in Georgia, that is why i am renting out my house and i need a responsible person or family that can take a very good care of the house on my behalf. I came over here with my family and i am not using any Realtor or any agency company for my property because i have withdrew my keys and the house documents from them due to the inability of the people to rent my house regarding the price and that was the reason why i reduced the price to a lowest and affordable range. You can send me a text message on this number (407) 965-1560, because right now, i can only receive or send message due to the job or you can leave a voice message and i will get back to you asap..Please bear with me so that we can understand each other regarding to the rental..

Below are the description and the address of the house..

Number of Bedrooms: 3
Square footage: 1,624
Pets are allowed!!!
Utilities: Already taking care of in the Rent
Rent Fund: $550
Refundable security Deposit: $550
House Address: 6511 Sunman Road, Charlotte, NC 28216
Available :AVAILABLE FOR MOVE IN IF YOU HAVE YOUR PAYMENT NOW!!

Note that you can only drive by to see the EXTERIOR PART of the house because i traveled with the keys and i will be shipping the keys and the house documents to you via FedEx If you are still interested my house.

If you are interested in renting my house, kindly fill the Rental Application Form below and mail it back to me for further discussion, alright!!

RENTAL APPLICATION FORM

Full Name__________________________________________________

Home Phone ( ) _______________________

Date of Birth_________________________________

Other Phone ( ) ___________________

Current Address_______________________________Apt#________

City__________________ State______ Zip________

Reasons for Leaving____________________________Rent $__________

Are you married____________________________

How many people will be living in the house____________________________

Do you have a pet___________________________

Do you have a car____________________________

Occupation____________________________

How long do you want to rent this home_____________________

Move In Date___________________________

Do you have the payment with you_____________________

How soon can you pay the deposit_____________________

Reference Contact Name and Address if Any_____________________

0ne attached of your photograph if any!!!

Thanks and God bless you and your family,
James R Conelly & Family.
Text Me: (407) 965-1560

#151025 by Michelle Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:12 pm
reply-to: Execellent Rental <[email protected]>
to: Michelle Banks
date: 17 February 2013 14:25
subject: Re: $550 / 3br - 1624ft&sup2; - Spacious home (Charlotte, NC)

Thanks to filled out the Rental Application Form. I reviewed your application and me and my family were really excited to have you in our home and we are giving you this opportunity base on trust please do not disappoint us.We ask for the Refundable Security Deposit of $550 so that my shipper can be instructed to ship the keys and the house documents across to you after payment confirmation, ok! and your house rent should be paid after 15days from your move in date..

Please Reconfirm your Address for the shipping of the keys/document across to you ASAP:

Below is the SHIPPER INFORMATION to make the payment via Western union, alright!

RECEIVER'S NAME: LAURIE NEWSOME
CITY: JENNINGS
STATE: FL
ZIPCODE: 32053

Kindly get back to me with the MTCN Number once the payment is made so that i can contact my shipper for the shipment immediately, ok!

Here are the contents of the documents of the house which would be ship across to you with the keys via FedEx courier service upon payment confirmation and you will receive the package in just 12hours after payment.

1) Entrance and the rooms Key.
2)Paper/Permanent house form(Containing your reference details).
3)The house documentary file.
4)Payment Receipt.
5)driving direction/Full description of the house.
6)Hard copy of Lease Agreement

Please get back to me asap and i will be looking forward to hearing from you!!

James R Conelly & Family.

#194384 by linlan15 Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:43 pm
different e-mail which is [email protected] and location but same story he needs someone to rent the house n take care of it but he 'n his family are in las vegas 'n he'll need to mail the keys. Same phone number tho (407) 965-1560. here's the e-mail i received.

Good Day!

Thank you for your response regarding to my AD posted on craigslist. The house is still available. However i was on a research trip to Las Vegas, Nevada as a Consulting Enginee :bowdown: rs for International Projects and this is going to last for years and because of my long stay in Nevada, that is why i am renting out my house and i need a responsible person or family that can take a very good care of the house on my behalf. I came over here with my family and i am not using any Realtor or any agency company for my property because i have withdrew my keys and the house documents from them due to the inability of the people to rent my house regarding the price and that was the reason why i reduced the price to a lowest and affordable range. You can send me a text message on this number (407) 965-1560, because right now, i can only receive or send message due to the job or you can leave a voice message and i will get back to you asap..Please bear with me so that we can understand each other regarding to the rental..

Below are the description and the address of the house..

Number of Bedrooms: 3
Square footage: 1,232
Pets are allowed!!!
Utilities: Already taking care of in the Rent
Rent Fund: $700
Refundable security Deposit: $750
House Address: 13204 Glenbarrow Court, Orlando, FL 32824
Available :AVAILABLE FOR MOVE IN IF YOU HAVE YOUR PAYMENT NOW!!

Note that you can only drive by to see the EXTERIOR PART of the house because i traveled with the keys and i will be shipping the keys and the house documents to you via FedEx If you are still interested my house.

If you are interested in renting my house, kindly fill the Rental Application Form below and mail it back to me for further discussion, alright!!

RENTAL APPLICATION FORM

Full Name__________________________________________________

Home Phone ( ) _______________________

Date of Birth_________________________________

Other Phone ( ) ___________________

Current Address_______________________________Apt#________

City__________________ State______ Zip________

Reasons for Leaving____________________________Rent $__________

Are you married____________________________

How many people will be living in the house____________________________

Do you have a pet___________________________

Do you have a car____________________________

Occupation____________________________

How long do you want to rent this home_____________________

Move In Date___________________________

Do you have the payment with you_____________________

How soon can you pay the deposit_____________________

Reference Contact Name and Address if Any_____________________

0ne attached of your photograph if any!!!

Jacqulyn Williams & Family.