Room for Rent and other rental scams
#149612 by Michelle Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:28 pm
To: Michelle Banks
Subject: RE: Request for your Offer at Starflats.co.uk
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 19:40:13 +0000

Thanks for the reply and the sincere interest you have in my flat. As I stated on my previous mail to you. Rent include Utility bills inclusive ( water, gas, council tax, TV license and wireless Internet) Utility Cost :£300 PCM : Security Deposit: £ 500.00 Returnable.I would have love to schedule the viewing or make the reservation without hesitate but,it is unfortunate that my past bitter experience of making reservation for people without any form of confirmation of their financial ability and not keeping up to time as at when scheduled, has brought about great loss to me. I have made a reservation for interested candidate to make sure my flat is available when we agreed on but unfortunately they will refused to turn up,they will later tell me they have find a good location close to their office or school. Did that sound well to you? After all my preparation and time committed, So that as really brought about great loss to me. I have also traveled all the way from where I work to take some interested candidates round my flat. Some outside tenants do not have the money to pay the rent and yet they disturb for reservation, and viewing of the flat also some do not meet up with the appointments which I 'm not happy about. .

Henceforth my lawyer and i have decided to setup a simple test on financial ability before coming for viewing or before making a reservation for any interested candidate. I would not ask you to send your bank statement neither your pay slip because it will be inappropriate for me to collect any money from you neither my lawyer before viewing my flat. What we required from you is for you to locate any money gram post office or western union money transfer around you and transfer the 1 month rent which is £300 PCM and security deposit £ 500.00 to your friend or partner, you can make the transfer with your name as a sender name and your friend or partner in UK premises as a receiver. Once you have done this, scan the receipt to me, and if you do not have scanner, you may write out the details on the receipt as i will send it to my lawyer to verify if it's truly genuine and available in your friend or partner custody, after verification, then we can proceed further. Note you're not transferring the money to me you're to transfer it to your closest and trusted friend or partner in UK. Because it will be inappropriate for me to collect any money from you before viewing my flat. After the transfer do forward me the scan copy of the receipt as i will forward it to my lawyer for confirmation if truly is valid and available in your friend or partner custody and will also be use as a reference for you. Note my lawyer as to confirm your transfer valid before the receiver pick it up. We are sorry for any inconvenience we must have cost you is due to our bad experience with bad tenant.

I will refund back to you the cost of transfer when we meet for the viewing.

Thanks for your cooperation,
Regards
Mr/Mrs Parker

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send (by Western Union) money in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement

#150613 by Michelle Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:15 pm
Sent: 14 February 2013 16:34

Thanks for the sincere interest you have in my flat. As I stated on my previous message to you my husband have traveled all the way to take some interested candidates round our flat, Some outside tenants do not have the money to pay the rent and yet they disturb to arrange a viewing with their friend or relative who are in UK, also some do not meet up with the appointments which has brought great lost to my husband. So the ideal of making your financial ability through the post office or western union. is not only my opinion is my husband adopted procedure and i wouldn't want to violate it. Am not asking you to transfer the fund to me neither to my husband what we request of you is to transfer it to your close and trusted friend or partner through money gram post office or western union just to confirm you have the fund to pay for our rent and you are a serious candidate. Also i will also like you to know that the past tenant that left our flat also pass through the same procedure and every thing went out successful. We are sorry for any inconvenience we must have cost you is due to our experience with bad tenant, My husband and i have really experience bad time with bad tenant, so we don't want to take chances anymore, there must be a confirmation on financial ability before we can proceed with the viewing or before making reservation for any interested candidate. please you have to understand and bare with us, and carry out that simple test.

#160034 by Michelle Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:09 pm
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 06:35:13 +0000

Thanks for your interest. Our flat is still available for rent. As you see on the advert our flat is Recently refurbished throughout, and presented in the highest order a wonderfully bright one bed roomed flat set within a handsome period building and there is a garage and a off street parking in our flat

Rent include Utility bills inclusive ( water, gas, council tax, TV license and wireless Internet) Utility Cost : £300 PCM. £75 PW. Security Deposit: £500.00 will be refundable.

You have to assure me you are a clean and tidy person, because as i mentioned, our flat was just recently refurbished throughout, Do you have references in Sheffield? Get back to me for terms and conditions before we can proceed for the viewing or make a reservation for you, also let me know where you are coming from to rent our flat.

Regards
Mr/Mrs Parker

Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 14:08:30 +0000

Thanks for the sincere interest you have in our flat.As I stated on my previous mail to you. Rent include Utility bills inclusive ( water, gas, council tax, TV license and wireless Internet) Utility Cost :£300 PCM :£75 PW: Security Deposit: £ 500.00 Returnable. I would have love to schedule the viewing or make the reservation for you, but,it is unfortunate that our past bitter experience of making reservation or schedule a viewing for people without any form of confirmation of their financial ability and not keeping up to time as at when scheduled, has brought about great loss to us. We have made a reservation for interested candidate to make sure our flat is available when we agreed on but unfortunately they will refused to turn up,they will later tell us they have found a good location close to their office or school. Did that sound well to you? After all our preparation and turning other interested candidate down to make sure we don't fail. That as really brought about great loss to us. My husband have also traveled all the way from where he work to take some interested candidates round our flat. Some outside tenants do not have the money to pay the rent and yet they disturb for reservation, and viewing of the flat also some do not meet up with the appointments which we are not happy about. .

Henceforth my husband and i have decided to setup a simple test on financial ability before coming for viewing or before making a reservation for any interested candidate. Bank statement is not also allowed because they do provide fake of it. What we required from you is for you to locate any western union money transfer around you and transfer the 1 month rent which is £300 PCM and security deposit £ 500.00 to your friend or any of your love one in UK, you can make the transfer with your name as a sender name and your friend or any of your love one in UK premises as a receiver. After the transfer do forward me the scan copy of the receipt as i will forward it to my husband for confirmation if truly is valid and available in your friend or your love one custody. After verification by my husband the transfer is valid and available in your friend or your love one custody, that will tell us you are a serious candidate, then we can proceed for the viewing or make for the reservation to make sure the flat is available when we shall agreed on. Note you're not sending the transfer to me neither to my husband, because it will be inappropriate for us to collect any money from you before viewing our flat or before making reservation for you. You're to transfer it to your closest and trusted friend or any of your love one in UK. After the transfer do forward me the scan copy of the receipt as i will forward it to my husband for confirmation if truly is valid and available in your friend or any of your love one custody and will also be use as a reference for you. Note my husband as to confirm your transfer valid before the receiver pick it up. We are sorry for any inconvenience we must have cost you is due to our bad experience with bad tenant.

My husband will refund back to you the cost of transfer when we meet for the viewing

Thanks for your cooperation,
Regards
Mr/Mrs Parker

#172837 by bunnyprincess Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:06 pm
I found this studio apartment advertised on Starflats.co.uk and contacted the owner, they emailed back and it their name is Alvina Parker so I googled it just to be sure it wasn't a scam but its brought me to this forum! Is this a fake person/advertiser and its just a scam then? This is the email she sent back to me.

Thanks for the interest you have in our flat. Our flat is still available for rent and you can stay in our flat as long as you pay your rent at when due. Here are the necessary things you need to know about the rent and deposit.

Rent include Utility bills Cost: £400 PCM, £100 PW.
Deposit: £500 will be refundable.
Couples also accepted
Way of payment. direct into my account.
Pets, caged, chinchilla Welcome.

You have to assure us you are a clean and tidy person, because, our flat is fully furnished in and out. Do you have references in Bristol? Get back to me so i can give you our lay down procedure before we can proceed for the viewing or make a reservation for you, also let me know where you are coming from to rent our flat.

Regards
Mr/Mrs Parker
#172840 by Bryon Williams Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:53 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners bunnyprincess,

Yes, it is a scammer wanting to steal you money.

Please read Michelle's warning at the top of this thread.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/