Room for Rent and other rental scams
#171128 by pozzo Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:49 am
A scammer using the email address [email protected] tried to scam me on findroommate.dk, by attempting to rent an accomodation in Copenhagen. He's using a proxy with IP address 89.184.103.67 (located in Italia).
I was sure of his motivations as soon as he spoke about Western Union as a payment method.

I leave the whole conversation here so people can find it by googling part of his crap:

Hello,

I do appreciate your interest,am currently in Liverpool with my family,since then, the apartment have been vacant,so i'll becoming from UK,i'll arrive a day before our meeting,i will like to know if i could meet you at the Airport or we should meet at the apartment,if this will be okay by you. Kindly inform me,in order to book my flight and forward you the details.

Concerning the Tenancy Document you'll have to sign and scan back a copy to me,because i need my Lawyer to sign is part,i will be coming along with hard cover of the Contract when coming,all what is expected from you now is for you to signed and scan back to me along with the receipt of your payment.

Am giving you the details to used in sending me the payment,due to the status of my work,i prefer you sending me the payment through Western Union transfer,in order for you to proceed with the deposit. So you're free to used the following details:

Full Name: Fabrizio Hugo
Current address: 39 Mt Pleasant, Liverpool, 5UX L3, UK
D.O.B: 05.05.1977

After you might have send me the money,i just need a confirmation of receipt that you've done the payment,you will have to scan the receipt to me,after our meeting and after i might have issue the receipt of the payment,you'll have to cash for the first month rent,but now,i need to confirm your Refundable Security Deposit fee.

As soon i confirm the deposit,i will forward you my Flight details in order to allow us to meet.

Hope to read from you asap,get back to me with your signed document and also the receipt for Western Union transfer.

Waiting to hear from you soon

Regards
Från: [surname] [name] <email>
Till: Fabrizio Hugo <[email protected]>
Skickat: tisdag, 9 juli 2013 17:54
Ämne: Re: Await to hear from you

Right, please send the document.

Le 09/07/2013 16:28, Fabrizio Hugo a écrit :
> Am currently not in København as well,am currently in London (UK) that is why i need your total seriousness,before i could travel down to meet you,You're the only person leaving in the apartment. The apartment is self contained,the apartment is a fully furnished apartment and is with a double bed for you and your friend
>
> The deposit shall be refund back when leaving the apartment and also i need the deposit in case of damages that might occur during your stay in the apartment ,the cost for the room per month is 3500dk with the price includes:
> * Satellite TV
> * Internet
> * Heating
> * Electricity
> * Water
>
> Deposit fee of 6000dk
>
> I need to confirm at least half of the deposit first,i need an assurance,that am coming to meet someone this time around,because i was fool on Tuesday to come down to København getting there i meant is absent so i don't want to experiences such again,because i wasted time and money traveling down,that is why i need to confirm the deposit first, before i could travel down to meet you,i would have also ask my friend to show you the apartment but his currently not in København,he is currently on vacation with is Family in Fiji Island,that is the problem now,because i need your total commitment before i can travel down to meet you.
>
> We need to reach an agreement first before i can travel down,am really sorry for this,it might sound not trustworthy with the high rate of internet scam,but am telling you,if you can trust me,you'll surely belief am different and i can never scam someone because my work is enough for me and my Family
>
> The document should be ready tomorrow am just waiting for your confirmation,if you agree with the deposit,because i need to confirm the deposit first before i could travel down to meet you. Have as well attached the picture of the apartment
>
> Await to hear from you soon.
>
> Thanks
>
> Från: [surname] [name] <email>
> Till: Fabrizio Hugo <[email protected]>
> Skickat: måndag, 8 juli 2013 15:52
> Ämne: Re: 18 Kongedybet,2300 København
>
> Here are my informations :
>
> Full name: [surname] [name]
> DATE of birth: *****
> Nationality: ****
> Gender: Male
> Your phone: ******
> MOVING IN DATE: ******
> MOVING OUT DATE: ******
>
> I agree with all your points, but for the fourth one :
> 4.You agree to make deposit payment to me before i could traveldown to hand over the Keys to you
>
> I would like to make sure your offer is tangible. Can you send me a scan of your ID, or something that would act as a proof of your sincerity? Or by telling me a bit more about you?
>
> Also, do you have any pictures of the accomodation?
>
>
> Regards,
>
> [surname]
>
> Le 08/07/2013 16:35, Fabrizio Hugo a écrit :
>> Thank you for showing interest in my apartment,Am Fabrizio Hugo, Am currently working in London (UK) i travelled with my Wife,to begin a job as assistant operation Company.
>>
>> The flat is very close to shopping facilities,they're available down to the apartment of Various The Apartment is there and also very close to the university of Copenhagen.The apartment is Easily accessible
>>
>> Indeling:
>>
>> The Apartment is 1bedroom apartment, rooms as a Bathroom Toilet,with Kitchen.The spacious kitchen which has a tight kitchen on one side. Appliances-including, fridge / freezer and a dishwasher,four burner gas hob with an oven are present. Both the living room The bathroom with 'robinetterie' Grohe sanitary ware-including:jacuzzi,looks nice washbasin and radiator design. The toilet is equipped, To the rear is a bedroom with an oak floor (French rustic).
>>
>>
>> Location:
>>
>> Address:18 Kongedybet,2300 København, Denmark ?
>> Location: København
>> Postcode: 2300
>> Month per month:3500dk include of bills for the bills of(heat,water and Electricity)
>> availability: Available
>> damage fee / deposit: 6000dk
>>
>> PROVISIONS
>>
>> - Dishwasher,
>> - CV installation
>> - Kitchen diner, lounge and hall are with pine boards,
>> - Largely double glazing.
>> - Hot tub
>> - Balcony
>> - Cable TV
>> - Broadband
>> - Washing mach
>> - Electricity
>> - Internet
>> - Heating
>> - Water
>> - Private parking
>> - Furniture
>> Distance from university 0-1 km
>>
>> TERM RENTAL"
>> Borough: Central
>> House type: Apartment
>> Rooms: 1
>> Bathrooms: 1
>> Bedrooms: 1
>> Size: 20m2
>>
>> 1.You agree not to turn the Apartment to public business premises.
>> 2 You're allowed to bring along your pet
>> 3.You 're allowed to register with my apartment.
>> 4.You agree to make deposit payment to me before i could traveldown to hand over the Keys to you
>> 5.Using the toilet when you want to smoke i only allow you to do so
>> 6.You 're free to see the apartment before you my e-mail reply,as have provide the address for you
>> 7.Making Unnecessary noise that could Disturb neighborhood is not allow.Provide kindly answer to my question, if only you agree with me,i need it to answer Because I Should Know I Should maybe look into other offers or not So if you are interested in having the apartment, I want you to get back to me with the Following information below:
>>
>> Full name:
>> DATE of birth:
>> Nationality
>> Gender:
>> Your phone:
>> MOVING IN DATE:
>> MOVING OUT DATE:
>>
>> Reply with me in order how to arrange to meet the above details along with Rentals and also how you should be to bring the Agreement document, a copy will be attach to you.
>>
>> Regard
>>
>> Fabrizio
>

Here are the attachments :
AGREEMENT FOR SECURITY DEPOSIT
10th July 2013
TO: [surname] [name]
SUBJECT: Agreement of payment of Refundable Security Deposit for the apartment in
Apartment Location: 18 Kongedybet, 2300, København, Denmark
As suggestion of your mail discussion on 10 July 2013 concerning the apartment, I summaries the following
points: I WILL REFUND THE DEPOSIT FUND AND ALSO THE FIRST MONTH RENT IF FOR NO REASON [surname]
[name], Refuse to rent the apartment 18 Kongedybet, 2300, København, Denmark
This documents stands as guarantee for the security and safety of the payment and this payment is highly
refundable at the termination of the contract or if the tenant which name is mention in the contract did not like
the apartment during handling of keys
Prior to [surname] [name] commitment to rent my apartment in order to confirm that it is in good condition
as represented in photographs and verbally by me. If he/she decide not to rent my apartment due to any
discrepancy in the condition of the apartment from what was represented, or for any other reason for which I and
[surname] [name] does not agree on or IF [surname] [name], I will promptly return the deposit to [surname]
[name] with any cost it might cost him sending me the deposit.
If there will be disaccords between ME and [surname] [name] during the viewing of the flat I FABRIZIO HUGO
will give back the deposit in cash with any cost it might cost [surname] [name] sending me the deposit.
I FABRIZIO HUGO : declare that am going to rent [surname] [name] my flat located: 18 Kongedybet, 2300, København, Denmark

I here Give context that, I would Refund the Deposit and
also the first month back to [surname] [name] if for any reason [surname] [name] could not rent the
apartment.
Yours Sincerely
Acceptance with signature:
FABRIZIO HUGO
Acceptance with signature
[surname] [name]

Tenancy / Rental Agreement Form
The Landlord agrees to rent, and the Tenant’s agrees to take the premises described below. Both
parties agree to keep, perform, and fulfill the promises, conditions and agreements expressed
below:
1.Landlord Details:
Full Name: FABRIZIO HUGO
Current address: 39 Mt Pleasant, Liverpool, 5UX L3, UK
D.O.B: 05.05.1977
2. TENANT’S:
Full name: [surname] [name]
Current Address: 18 Kongedybet,2300 København, Denmark
Phone: ******
MOVING IN DATE: *****
MOVING OUT DATE: *****
3. PREMISES: The location of the premises 18 Kongedybet,2300 København,
Denmark
The premises being rent out by the Landlords of the apartment to above name Tenant’s in use of
bedrooms and use of the following facilities: Wireless internet facilities, Phone, Microwave, Dish
washer, washing machine, Dryer, Refrigerator, Bathrooms and Toilets, Living room, kitchen, and
utility room.
4. TERM: This Rent begins from: At the Beginning *****
and ******
5. RENT PAYMENTS: The rent is 3500dk each per month.
6. AGREEMENT TERMINATION: The Tenant’s agreement will terminate by the Tenant’s.
Unless the Landlord and Tenant’s otherwise agree, there shall be no holding over under the
terms of this Rental agreement. Upon termination, Tenant’s shall give Landlord possession and
return the keys of the premises and remove all personal possessions and rubbish.
7. UTILITIES: includes the rent.
8. PROPERTY CONDITION: Tenant’s agrees to surrender and deliver to the Landlord the
premises and all furniture and decorations within the premises in as good a condition as they
were at the beginning of the term, reasonable wear and tear excepted. The Tenant’s will be liable
to the Landlord for any damages, reasonable wear and tear accepted, occurring to the premises
or the contents thereof, which are caused by the Tenant’s or his guest.
9. SECURITY DEPOSIT: Tenant’s agrees to pay Landlord a deposit of 6000dk each to cover
damages beyond normal wear and tear. Landlord agrees that if the premises and contents
thereof are returned to his in the same condition as when received by the Tenant’s, reasonablewear and tear thereof excepted, he will refund to the Tenant’s the deposit payment of 6000dk
each at the ends of the Contract, or within 10 days thereafter. Any reason for retaining a portion
of the deposit shall be explained in writing within 10 days to the Tenant’s.
10. ORIGINAL LEASE: This agreement is subject to the Master Lease between the Landlord
and his Tenant’s, a copy of which is attached here to.
11. OTHIS TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
(a) Peaceful enjoyment: The parties each wish to peacefully occupy the premises
during the term of this agreement. The parties agree they and their respective invited
visitors will not
i. Commit any act, which results in serious disruption of the rights of each to
peacefully occupy the premises
ii. Commit any act, which results in physical harm to the parties, a member of
her household, visitors or neighbors
iii. Cause or allow invited visitors to cause a nuisance.
iv. Commit any form of harassment on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, age or disability, which may interfere with the peace and
comfort of, or cause offense to, each other, a member of her household,
visitors or neighbors
v. Play or allow to be played any radio, television, record or tape recording or
musical instrument so loudly that it causes a nuisance or annoyance to the
other party.
(b) Use of Premises: The Tenant’s agrees to use the premises for residential purposes
and not to operate a business at the premises nor to use the premises for any illegal
purposes.
(c) Access: The Tenant’s agrees to allow the Landlord’s agent or contractors acting on
behalf of the Landlord’s access at all reasonable hours of the daytime to inspect the
condition of the premises or to carry out repairs or other works to the premises with
Tenant’s permission.
(d) Pets: The Tenant’s agrees not to keep any animals on the premises without the prior
written permission of the Landlord.
12. SOLE AGREEMENT: The parties hereby agree that this document contains the entire
agreement between the parties and this Agreement shall not be modified, changed, altered or
amended in any way except through a written amendment signed by all of the parties hereto.
(Any oral representations made at the time of executing this lease are not legally valid, and
therefore, are not binding upon either party).
13. GOVERNING LAW. This Agreement shall be governed, constructed and interpreted by,
through and under the Danish Law.
14. CONSTRUCTION: The words "Landlord" and "Tenant’s" as used herein include the plural as
well as the singular. The pronouns used herein shall include, where appropriate, either gender or
both singular and plural.
15. ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF COPY RECEIVED: Each party signing this rental acknowledges
receipt of a copy thereof.
16. PAYMENT: The Tenant’s will pay a month Rent and Security Deposit in advance to the
Landlord before moving in to show a good signs of seriousness and the Security Deposit
will be refundable back to the Tenant’s.
17. GUARANTEE: A guarantee of Receipt will be issued out for the Tenant’s for the
payment and that will be attached to a copy of the Tenancy Rental Agreement Form and
the Tenant’s must bring a copy of the Rental Agreement Form and a copy of theguarantee of payment receipt when moving in to the Landlord's Apartment
LANDLORD DECLARATION
I, FABRIZIO HUGO hereby give my consent as Landlord to letting of the above
described premises as set out in this Lease/Tenancy Rental Agreement Form.
TENANT’S DECLARATION
I, [surname] [name] hereby agreed to the terms and conditions in this rental agreement
form.
The parties hereby bind themselves to this agreement by their signatures affixed below
on this.
FABRIZIO HUGO
[surname] [name]
Last edited by pozzo on Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Advertisement