Room for Rent and other rental scams
#171236 by Con Warner Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:43 am
Date: Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 11:11
Subject: Re: - EUR600 / 2br - 110ft&sup2; - Fully Furnished 2 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In Berlin (Berlin)
To: Con Warner

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me for the details of the flat.. I am a Peter Paulus and i travel a lot so i often stay in my apartment.But for now i am not in Berlin now,i just secure a new job here in London,so am willing to rent out, a charming and sophisticated apartment well furnished and well equipped..2-rooms apartment is offered for rent fully furnished. Surfacing about 44sq meter for a room , it has been totally renewed and it is close to the main shopping areas and public transports...
EQUIPMENTS
Cupboards, US kitchen fully equipped,and a bathroom with shower are some of the assets of the flat. Autonomous heating,secure door,code,inter phone...with fast internet connection Equipment in the flat,fridge, washing machine,antique oven,microwave,tv, desk, spacious closet, and tons of storage space all around, all zone dvd player,Each bedroom has its private Bathroom and Toilet...
COST
Two bedroom flat will cost you 600 per month with a security deposit of 700 refundable at the end of your stay if nothing is reported missing or damage in the flat during your stay and if you are renting only one room out of the apartment it will cost you 300 per month and a deposit of 600.if you are okay with the price of the apartment then get back to me and mind you ,i will not be around for the viewing of the apartment now,but i can attach the pictures of the place for you to have a look at what you are renting from me.. Get back to me for the other details of the
apartment.......

Regard

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement