Room for Rent and other rental scams
#171261 by Con Warner Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:35 am
Date: June 18, 2013 11:11
To: Con Warner
Subject: Re: House location
Reply-To: Dora Martins <[email protected]>

Dear,

Thanks for your email and interest in my house. I am Dora Martins the owner of the House you are interested in. My House is located at Memphis, TN. Presently am in Texas with my family, we came to stay with my mother-in-law who is suffering from breast cancer On getting here we discovered that we will be staying here for at least 5 years. so we decided to look for a responsible and caring person to maintain and take proper care of my House.We are honest and sincere family and have spent a lot on our properties so I will want you to treat it as your own. you will pay $700/month, The money involved does not matters to me but I want you to keep it tidy all the time so that I will be glad to see it neat when I come for a check up.The house is located at 5288 Yellowood Rd, Memphis, TN 38134

Initially I and my Husband wanted to sell the house on getting to Texas on a second thought we decided to rent it out since we will be returning back to the house in the next 5 years I will like you to go take a look at the exterior part of the house because you will not be able to go inside to see the interior hence I have all the keys here with me. You can get back to me if you are truly interested.

My house is a 3bed rooms,2bath. Very well furnished, the living room also has a fire place, and a mounted plasma screen television. The bedrooms are well furnished with a cheery wood night stand and a chest with a dressing table, a foot board and a head board. the mattress on it is a sorta pillow top mattress, this is the same in all rooms except the master bedroom which had a walking closet and mini Jacuzzi tub,2 vanity double sink,and a sleep number bed. This room also has a 37 inch plasma television. The kitchen has a stainless steel electric cooker and a self cleaning oven, a built in microwave and a double door whirlpool refrigerator. The house also has a central cooling and heating systems, with ceiling fans in all rooms. Plates, cutlery, and sheets are all provided. Extra blanket and sheets are in the extra closet located by the bathroom. The cable,light and internet bills are all included in the rent. Do get back to me if you are truly interested and sure of taking proper care of my house there is a rent application form which I will like you to fill and Send back to me. If you can do all this for me, then I will be willing to rent my house to you.

Looking forward to hear from you. Your full information will be used to process all documents that will be coming together with the keys leading to the house and this will come to you through UPS courier service.

Thank you and remain Blessed.

Mrs.Dora Martins

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement