Room for Rent and other rental scams
#171478 by Con Warner Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:04 am
Date: Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 11:11
Subject: Re: Room for Rent from Rev. Jim
To: Con Warner

Hello,

This is Andy Anderson from Housing Authority, i want you to know that i am working under instruction from my superior, so the best way of our communication would only be through the email, But you could contact me via my number (518-636-6032) any time from 5pm. Your mail has said how well behaved you are. I give you my blessings am very pleased at your email. And i pray it is well with you in Jesus Name.The Apartment is good for you with a friendly community and Very safe/condulsive environment.

We got alot of response on this unit, and we sure this won't last, its okay if you're the lucky person to get this deal, we need someone that would take good care of the apartment and pay the rents at the proper time and give it proper management on behave of the Landlord.

while i would need you to assure me of taking good care of it. The rent which include all the utilities such as heat, cable, phone, internet, washing and drying machine.Like i told you the apartment is empty, its has an air condition, curtains, stove, gas cooker and extra wardrobes and furnished wooden structures. I need you to have good faith that your apartment hunting as come to an end.

As this is a place to call HOME.For the whole apartment not a share, though you can choose to share with a friend of yours so the rent can be shared within. while the security deposit is $500. to move in, the security deposit would be needed paid to the Landlord of the Apartment(Which is at this time in West Africa, Nigeria for my pastoral care and counseling course for 6 years) so we can workout a lease.

Note: Reason why the agency demand for a deposit fee, is due to lot of fraudulent applicant contacting to view an apartment. Some people have contacted the agency on an apartment and ask me to come with the keys and document down to them which i did, After viewing the apartment and having details about the apartment they will then use that apartment information in extorting people hard earn money..If not for the response of the NYPD they could have succeeded in stealing one of our property we manage... So the New supervisor gave us the instruction to insist on a deposit fee which will be paid to the landlord and also note that the deposit fee is a refundable fee.

Right now the apartment is in a move in condition but locked and the keys and paper works is with the agency and will be given to the bonified new tenant, so that You can sign up the Lease paperwork and move in..

Here are the contents of the document..
1) Entrance and the rooms Keys
3)The property documentary file.
4)Payment Receipt.
5) Letter of Authorization/ C of O / A Police Clearance.
I would be waiting to hear from you soonest. you can do well to call me

Regards,
Andy Anderson.
Housing Authority
AGENT ID #NYHN/13556/HBA
Cell:518-636-6032

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement

#171492 by Con Warner Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:16 am
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 11:11
Subject: Re: Apt for Rent Info.
To: Con Warner

Hello

Will want to let you know that the apartment is still available for rent,I am the owner of the apartment . We are a little selective in leasing out our apartment. Our priority is taking a responsible, careful, understanding and reasonable tenant that will take good care of the property due to the amount we are renting.

The monthly rent goes for(900) ( Including Utilities ) and Security fee also know as deposit fee is ($500) which is refundable.
Apartment location: 1014 Salzedo St #104, Coral Gables, FL 33134
APARTMENT FEATURES: True 1 Bedroom, Hardwood Floors, BIG Living Room With Renovated Kitchen, Brand New Cabinets-Stove & Refrigerator.

I was residing in the apartment with my family before we were been transferred to West Africa, Nigeria for my pastoral care and counseling course for 6 years... So my family and i have decided that we would be moving to our other home when we get back..

I have an apartment manager Name: Andy Anderson (My apartment manager) who works with Housing Authority, he have been my apartment manager for years and also a very busy man.You can also reach him via email ([email protected])... All you need to do is to contact him with the below information, he will get back to you as soon as he get those details below from you.

Pls answer these questions below:
*1)Your Full Name:
*2)Present Address(where you reside now:
*3) Phone# :
*4)How old are you :
*5)Are you married :
*6)Do you have a car :
*7)Occupation :
*8)How long are you willing to stay :
*9)How soon are you ready to move in:

It is also important that you send him all necessary details he need to know about yourself which will convince him that you are a perfect tenant.
There is no Registration fee or agency fee. Electric Bills and water bills have been paid for, all the receipt is with my apartment manager.
You are free to contact me at any time. Pets are allowed.I hope to hear from you soonest.

More details will be communicated to you as soon as he get your response.

God Bless
Rev. Donald.
Call Me:
+2348125878267 or +2348147660594
http://nlswanepoel.aimsites.org/

[email protected]

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com