Room for Rent and other rental scams
#171691 by Con Warner Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:08 am
Renske Van <[email protected]> wrote:

The Lovely apartment offers spacious and am renting out the entire Apartment. The flat has been fully furnished with a high standard of modern decoration throughout.The property comprises fantastic reception room with dining area, two bedrooms, both of the bedroom have an en suite bathrooms.

PS:I Need to know some few questions about you.How many of you are coming to live in my flat? Can you take care of my flat as it is? Can i have look at of your identity? How many months do you intend to rent and pay for?Where you are from? your age and gender, how long would you be looking to stay(if you can because my flat is available for short term and long term period........WHERE ARE YOU COMING FROM?AND WHICH LOCATION DID YOU PREFER TO STAY?WHEN DID YOU WANT TO ARRIVE?AND WHERE DID YOU WANT TO ARRIVE TOO?

Bedrooms: 2
Reception Rooms: 1
Bathrooms: 2
Type of Property: 2 bedroom Flat
Price per month : 400
Refundable security deposit: 450
The price includes all the utilities, bills,internet connection, car parking

Features

Central Heating: Electric
Parking Facilities: Garage
Gardens: Yes
Double Glazed: Yes
Near Shops: Yes
Near School : Yes
Internet connection available: Yes

The surrounding vicinity has a good selection of restaurants should you feel like dining out and there's also supermarkets and mini-markets in the local area. This location gives good access to central and all its attractions. A taxi can easily be hailed on the nearby.......

Please email me back so that we could talk more about the flat. and we could proceed with the reservation.

Waiting for your response!

Best regards

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Hello,

Now that you have agree to rent my apartment... ....I'll advice you to proceed with payment of the security deposit with a month rent to my name and address in Leeds UK via Money Gram,so that i'll be positive and sure about your rent...

So proceed in making the payment of the security deposit with a rent to my name and address in Leeds UK via Money Gram,so that i'll be positive and sure about your rent...and as soon as i confirm your payment,i'll send the key of the flat and payment receipt that you have made the payment so i can send it to you through DHL next day delivery to your current address...you know you have to bring them along while you are coming so i can check you in....

I have to let you know security deposit with a rent have to make via western union,cos it's fast and reliable to my name and address in UK via Money Gram because it's save,fast and reliable..

I really appreciate your details.It goes a long way in proving how genuinely interested you are in renting my apartment.I will like to rent out my apartment to you because you sound honest,reliable and trustworthy.You will have to make the deposit of the refundable security and a month rent.

My scan copy passport attached to the email below..

You 'll proceed with the payment of the rent so that i can now guaranty your genuine interest in my apartment and reserve it for you till your arrival day so that you can move in as soon as you arrive.

The key,acknowledgment receipt and all the necessary document 'll send to you through DHL next day delivery as soon as the payment is confirm...you know you have to bring them along while you are coming so i can check you in....

Here is the payment details....

RECEIVER'S NAME : Renske Van
RECEIVER'S ADDRESS:81 King Street
CITY:Leeds
POST CODE:LS1 2HQ

You will be the sender as your name and address.

SENDER'S NAME:your name?
SENDER'S ADDRESS:your address?
AMOUNT:850euro

Also get back with Reference Number,sender name and address as you use in the outlet payment.

So proceed in making the payment as soon as possible.

Am waiting to see the payment details ..

PS:The convergency fee and the Money Gram charges will be deduct from the rent payment ...on your arrival day,i will return the Money Gram charges,convergency fee back to you..

PS:You have to make the payment via Money Gram,so that i can receive the money here the same day and the key and payment receipt will send to you via DHL immediately!

Waiting for your response!

Cheers..

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement