Room for Rent and other rental scams
#172964 by Michelle Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:04 am
Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 12:52 PM
To: Michelle Banks
Subject: Re: - $950 / 3br - Renovated,1 fam brick fully 3 bedrooms, 2 baths,to rent (queens.ny)

Thank you for the interest.

Is my pleasure to replay you that the unit in question is still very much available. My name is.Rev.Audrey E Campbell. I am the rightful owner of this place is still very much available for rent. I would like to tell you more about the place and to know you more by you answering those questions i listed below the house However, the initial plan was to sell out the house.

which we tried, but sometimes the agents inflates the price and it takes longer to sell we are telling you this in case you find the house on another website, that is the old advert So we need a tenant to take care of it but since we are out of the state now, we have received some proposals regarding the rent because it is located in a very good area but we still have to make sure it is rented out to someone who can take good care of it is located at ( 17411 109th Ave, Queens, NY 11433 )very well maintained with many nice updates.brick colonial in the heart of convaupark. delightful front porch, beautiful interior spaces, newly finished walk-out lower level fam rm.move-in ready. peaceful stunning landscaped yard w/ fab rear deck. detached garage. easy to see and worth the visit.Monthly rent $950 and the security deposit is $700

About me:

I'm a Christian who so much believe in God. Worship in Markham Missionary Church, 5438 Major Mackenzie Drive East, Markham, ON L3P 3J3.

When i was in the state before i was transfer for a service in WEST AFRICA.I am presently in west Africa,i would be happy if you can promise me that you will take very good care of the place in my absent , cos in the past i had bad experience renting my place because of the nature of my work so i have decided that who ever is going to rent from me will have to deal with me directly. The apartment is well furnished but you can also come with yours.

Name tenant: _____________________________________________
Desired date of occupancy: ________________________________________
Desired length of occupancy: ______________________________________
Desired No. Of occupants: Adults: _____ Children: _____
Smokers: Yes_____ No__*___
Pets: Yes_____ No__*___
PRESENT ADDRESS: _______________________________________
City:_______________ State:______________
How long: __________________________
Home Phone No.:(____)_______________
Current rent payment: _________
Reason for moving: ___________________________________________________
Employer: __________________________________________________________
Address: ___________________________City:_________________State:_________
Position: __________________________ how long: _______________________
If a student:
Name of the School
Undergraduate/ Graduate_

our cell phone #: +2348074278305

I think we are gonna get along with each other because i am an easy going person who respects ones privacy but people take advantage of me due to the nature of my work. There won't be any problems with you having a landlord like me because i was raised by strong Christian parents who are late in the early 9ties and i have abide with their good qualities from childhood. I think i would have to end my note here, i will be looking forward to read from you later today or as soon
as possible.

Thanks for reading.

Rev Audrey E Campbell

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement