Room for Rent and other rental scams
#172968 by Con Warner Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:57 am
To: Con Warner
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2013 11:11
Subject: Re: - $700 / 2br - This townhome has been completely remodeled (Lafayette LA)

Hello,

I did get your response concerning the AD I posted on Craigslist. Am mailing you from my daughter email address..The house is still available but presently I'm not around...... I did bid for a portion of petroleum land sometimes ago in West Africa and fortunately I won the bidding so I have to move quickly down to Africa to have my company set up because I will still have to rebid for it in the next 10 years.. I came over here with my wife, we both bought the house when we got married. As soon as we settle down here I had a thought of selling the house so I have to look for an agent, after getting one, we got a deal but later my wife advised against that. She said we may not be able to win the bidding next time, in other to keep our head when we return that we have to keep the house. I reasoned with her and accepted her advise. So I contacted the agent back and requested for my keys and documents.. Later we decided to have the house rent out, we would have give the same agent this job also but the truth of the matter is that the agent would want to handle it professionally and the occupant may not be able to reason along with him later. If you notice, you will discovered that the price we are offering is far below standard price, this is enough for you to know that we are not after the rental fee but the absolute care for the property. I know there is no way I can be sure that you are the right person to live in the house because we won't be able to see physical before sending you the keys and the documents to occupy the space. But I just had a feeling that anyone who knows what it takes to put the kind of structure down should know that maintaining a building is mandatory, so if you belief you can take good care of the house and handle it like yours then I will be more than happy to let you rent the house.

Note" do not contact the sign in front of the house and i also wrote it is for sale (But it is rent to own option) i don't want any agent to take advantage of my property i indicate zip realty to scare them away.

Get an international calling card to call me on +2347045744581 OR 0112347045744581

PROPERTY DESCRIPTION...........
Number of Bedrooms:2
Number of baths:2
Monthly rent:700
Security Deposit:500

SO IF YOU ARE REALLY INTERESTED I WILL WANT YOU TO FILL THE RENT APPLICATION FORM BELOW FOR RECORD PURPOSE..

RENT APPLICATION FORM.
FIRST NAME:__________?
MIDDLE NAME:__________?
LAST NAME:__________?
SEX:__________?
DATE OF BIRTH:_________?
PROFESSION:__________?
PHONE:
(CELL)PHONE__________?
(WORK)PHONE__________?
(HOME)PHONE__________?
WHICH NUMBER IS THE BEST TO CALL YOU ON__________?
MARITAL STATUS:__________?
KIDS_____ (YES/NO), HOW MANY________
PRESENT ADDRESS:_____________________
CITY:_______________
STATE:______________
ZIP CODE:____________
HOW LONG?___________IF RENTING
WHY ARE YOU LEAVING__________?
IF THIS HOUSE IS BEING GIVEN TO YOU,
HOW LONG DO YOU INTEND STAYING?____________?
WHEN DO YOU INTEND MOVING IN?______________?
DO YOU AGREE TO SEND THE DEPOSIT BEFORE RECEIVING THE PACKAGE CONTAINING THE KEYS AND DOCUMENT OF THE HOME_____________?
WHEN DO YOU INTEND SENDING THE DEPOSIT_____________?
MONTHLY INCOME_____________?
IF YOU HAVE A PET
KIND OF PETS:_____________?
HABITS
private email :
DO YOU SMOKE______________ ?
DO YOU DRINK______________?
DO YOU WORK LATE NIGHT?____?
picture of you and your family?
REFERENCE?
============================== =======
Application Comment
============================== =======
House Address: 39 Larkspur Ln Lafayette LA 70507

Best Regards
Donald J Provost.

39 Larkspur Ln, Lafayette, LA 70507

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement