Room for Rent and other rental scams
#173050 by Con Warner Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:41 am

Hello,

First of all I'm sorry to write you in English but I don't speak Spanish. I just read your e-mail regarding my apartment located in : xxx
The apartment is still available , with: 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom, 1 kitchen and 1 living room (60 m2 ). The apartment is in the best conditions, furnished and have all the equipment that you will need including TV and washing machine. I can rent you the apt. for unlimited time. I really want to find a good and responsible tenant and I was hoping if you can send me some personal information's about yourself.
The rent price is 5200 MXN p/m including all utilities for as long as you need and the deposit is also 5200 MXN . The deposit will be returned as soon as you will decide to leave from the apartment (you will have to give me at least 30 days notice). The pets and dogs are ok to me. I bought this apartment for my daughter during her studies in Mexico, but now she's back home in United Kingdom permanently, so I'm renting the place for unlimited time and I left the keys and contract of the apartment, already signed by me, at a company called Realestate-Rentals .
If you want to find more about how this transaction can work please get back to me anytime and I will send you more information step by step.

Thank you for your interest and awaiting your reply,

[email protected]

Lauren Parsons

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union or MoneyGram to an escrow company with a promise that he will send the keys through a courier company.

Sounds safe. It's not!
The emails claiming to be from the company are fake and so is the website.

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Hello,

The flat is exactly like in the pictures, fully furnished and renovated. Also, very important, the utilities (cold/hot water, electricity, wireless broadband Internet, digital TV, 1 parking spots, dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, refrigerator, washing machine, etc.) are INCLUDED in the price of 5000 MXN /month.
Thank you for your reply. Like I have inform you before, the price you shall pay for one month of rent will be 5000 MXN + 5000 MXN security deposit = 10,000 MXN with no extra taxes to pay.I must have one month rent + security deposit from you.You pay this money just for this time and every month you pay just 5000 MXN The money, I want to receive it monthly to my bank account, so I hope it will be no problem for you to wire the money to my bank account. The apartment is ready for you, you will need only to receive the keys and the contract to check it, and see if you like it. Obviously we need a way to complete this deal, that will allow us to make sure we receive what we are after. In order of that I have found a way for us to complete the deal safely and fast, and in this way you will receive the Keys in less than 2 days, if you move fast as well. The solution is provided by a company called Realestate-Rentals Imb. RealEstate ( http://www.realestate-rentals.co.uk ? Fake website), which will handle both payment and delivery of the Keys. I have found a procedure that will allow you to pay for the rent of the apt only after you will receive the keys of it and through this way you will see it and decide if you will stay in the apt or not before I receive my payment.
If you agree what i suggested i will tell them that my apartment is already rented and i will keep it for you. If you agree then i must have all the shipping details (full name,full address,city,zip code,country,phone number.) so i will be able to make all the arrangements for the Realestate-Rentals Imb. RealEstate delivery.

Let me know your decision and wait news from you.

Many thanks in advance !

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement

#173072 by Mike Wilson Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:52 am
www.realestate-rentals.co.uk.

115 Railway Arches, Chapman Street
London , E1 2PH
United Kingdom

[email protected]

The website is in the process of being reported for fraud

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon