Room for Rent and other rental scams
#173333 by Michelle Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:28 am
Date: July 5, 2013, 5:32:04 PM EDT
To: Michelle Banks
Subject: Re:
Reply-To: Abraham Abe <[email protected]>

Hello,

May the Peace of the lord be with you and your family as you apply for my apartment.

I am very happy to inform you that the apartment is still very much available for rent, my intentions and plans is to give out the apartment to a Reliable and Responsible person that would be able to take proper care of the lovely home.

It’s indeed a lovely and comfortable home and available to move in as soon as possible, I thank you for considering my home.

Location address: 41-29 46th St Queens, NY 11104

Fees:
Per Month: $850 (Including Utilities)
Security / Deposit: $550. (Is Refundable)
2 bedroom
2 Baths
# Air Conditioning

APARTMENT FEATURES:
Spacious 2 bedroom apartment
- Flooded with natural light
- Hardwood floors
- Kitchen with new appliances
- Heat and Hot water
- Steps to shopping, restaurants and much more
On Premise Dry Cleaning and Laundry Services Internet Access and Cable TV Ready High Speed Internet Access

We are small Christian family Volunteer working partnership with UNICEF on humanitarian assistance and we arrive West Africa Two weeks Ago in supporting long term needs for clean water in Kenya, Sudan, Mali, Liberia, Burkina Faso, Gambia, Benin, Republic, Nigeria and Ethiopia - providing the everyday needs of more than 389,500 people. Also committed to mitigating the impact of HIV/AIDS, which kills more than 6,000 Africans every day, we are supporting community garden programs for AIDS sufferers and their families. So my family and I have decided that we would be moving to our other home when we get back to New York.

We need a clean responsible person that we can trust to take a proper care of the home at all time because we will be spending a long time around the world and also we are renting it Permanently, All Utilities are included in the rent and Below is the rental application please fill it and get back to me ASAP if you are interested renting our home. I would like you to fill the below details:
=========================================================================================

Below is the rent application form, fill it out if you are willing to rent from us.

********RENTAL APPLICATION********

FIRST NAME:____________________MIDDLE NAME:__________________
LAST NAME:_____________________
Present Address__________________________________________
Married/Single:_____________
Age: ________When do you intend Move in_____________________
Spouse's Name:_____________________________How many Children?_________
Why are you leaving your present place_____________________________
How Long do you intend stay in my apartment____________________
Profession__________________Credit Score___________Any Pets? _________
If Renting Amount______$850______
Cell Phone:__________________ Work Phone___________________
Home Phone_______________
Do you smoke_____________Drink_______________
Work late in the night__________________
How soon can you have the deposit send to me_____________________
How soon do you want to receive the keys and the paper works of the apartment_______________

YOUR EMPLOYMENT
Employer Name:_______________________________________________________
Employer's Address:_____________________________________________
Supervisor:__________________________
Bus. Phone:_______________
How Long On Present Job?_____________ Annual Income:____________
How Long do you intend staying_________________________________

SPOUSE'S E EMPLOYMENT
Employer:_______________________________________________________
Employer's
Address:_____________________________________________
Supervisor:__________________________
Bus. Phone:_______________
How Long On Present Job?_____________ Annual Income:____________

=======================================================================================

I will need this information because my family and I won’t be moving back to the apartment whenever we're back, there is no Registration fee. The Security Deposit would be needed as a Security Bond in order for the keys and paperwork along side with Lease Contract agreement to be sent to you... Electric Bills and Gas bills, Cable/Internet, etc have been paid for, so I would also need to send the receipts to you, would in case it would be needed.

I would like you to know that you are free to contact me at any time. After I receive these details, I would get back to you soonest and then let you know my terms.

Pets are allowed.

I hope to hear from you soonest.

Call me now for more details.

God Bless you as you call.

Rev. Abraham & Mrs. Adele Abe
Tel #: +234-8059112035 or 347-352-2009 Call/SMS Text

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send (by Western Union) money in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement