Room for Rent and other rental scams
#173338 by Michelle Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:41 am
Date: July 21, 2013, 8:52:29 AM EDT
To: Michelle Banks
Subject: Re:
Reply-To: Natasha Saunders <[email protected]>

Hello,

My name is Pastor Natasha Saunders, i am the landlord of the Apartment and yes the Apartment is still much available. There is no Registration fee and Agency fee since you are dealing directly with me the landlord and that is why the apartment is affordable. i am a very easy going person and pray to God for a better and decent tenant

I was Recently Transferred to West Africa for Missionary Work, When i was leaving to West Africa for Missionary work i took the Apartment keys with me. i refuse to drop the keys, Lease Agreement and the Authorization Letter to my Apartment Agency in New York because i don't want the agency to put the Apartment Monthly Rent fee on a High Rate

I decided to rent the Apartment myself so my tenants could avoid the brokers excess increase on House Rent and broker fee. God Almighty lead you to me,i have blessed and anoint the Apartment before i left immediately you move in what ever you lay your hands on shall be blessed divinely, open doors favours will befall you in the name of Jesus Christ. AMEN

Apartment Address: 90 Silver Rd, Ozone Park, NY 11417

MONTHLY RENT RATES:
3 Bedrooms / 1 baths

Rent Per Month: $950 including utilities
Security Deposit fee: $300 (Refundable)

My Apartment Agency will who works with Beach font Properties, NY will help you move in once you are ready.

Air condition,Gas, Stove , Cable, Internet Access, Water Heater are all Available

I would like you to send me the below details:

Full name:
Present address :
When you are planning on moving in :
Credit Statues :
Period of time you are planning to stay, cos i wont be moving back to it:
Do you smoke :
Do you work late night :
How many people would be moving in with you :

Remain Blessed
Pastor Natasha Saunders

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send (by Western Union) money in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement