Room for Rent and other rental scams
#173414 by Con Warner Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:49 am
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2013 11:11
Subject: Re: Casita
To: Con warner

Thanks for your love in my property. My name is Raymond McDowell., I own the home you are interested in. The home is still available for rent, but I will only be interested in renting it out to a very responsible occupancy to maintain it like its own property. Presently i live & work in Suitland MD. You can go ahead and view the surrounding of the house and neighborhood area at your own convenient time. More so, i want you to note that all i want is a very honest and neat person, so i will solicit for your absolute understanding and maintenance of this home and want you to treat it as your own, i am with the keys and documents here with me, further more you have to undergo some processes before i could be willing and convince to rent my home to any tenant. I also want you to let me have trust in you as i have always stood on my word.

Address: 6909 Starboard Cove Jonestown, TX 78645

One months rent $1010

security deposit of $1000

Requested information for proper record and documentation such as :

Name (First name/ Middle name/Surname ) : __________?

Phone # : __________?

E-mail : __________?

Best time to call : __________?

How many proposed occupants : __________?

List all in addition to yourself including approx age : __________?

Present Address : __________?

City/State : __________?

Will you have pets : __________?

Please describe Breed, size : __________?

Personality of pet : __________?

Preferred move in date : __________?

Intended length of lease: __________?

Earliest possible date of deposit payment: __________?

Length of previous tenancy : __________?

Present occupation : __________?

Monthly Income: __________?

Are you a section 8 applicant : __________?

Do you run a business from home : __________?

If so what kind of business : __________?

Do you work late night : __________?

Do you smoke : __________?

Do you drink : __________?

==============================

Rental/Lease comment:

==============================

Looking forward to hear from you so we can proceed on the documentation and shipment of the keys to you.

McDowell Family.
Phone number : (213) 260-0532
E-mail : [email protected]

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement