Room for Rent and other rental scams
#185021 by Con Warner Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:23 am
[email protected]. wrote:
How are you doing, Hope great.. My wife and I sends our heartfelt appreciation and warmth greetings to you. We went through your application and Most especially your mail, You gave us an inner peace of Mind that really got us going. Your Re-assuring mail that our home will be taken care of well as if it were yours is something that makes me want to rent to you.

To sustain the Life we do not really require much. It takes only a little food,something to wear and a place to" lie down". The rich might have an abundance of this things,and the poor may have to struggle to obtain what they need.What difference there is, however, is equalized when life comes to its end-everything comes to naught.(Eccl.9:5,6).

Thus Life to have meaning and worth, it cannot and should not simply consist of things that one can acquire or possess.Whether we are rich or poor,we do not have complete control over how long we may live or whether we will even be alivetomorrow.The bible clear shows that Only God alone is the source of life and only he can grant faithful ones the real life or everlasting life without end in Heaven. You are just an accurate example of the fulfillment of psalm 23..which God has promised to make you lie down in grassy pastures and he further says :By well watered resting places He shall conduct you, verse 6 says surely Goodness and mercy shall follow you all the days of your life; And you will dwell in the house of the lord forever and ever.

We have decided to let you live in our house. As we have found your application very satisfactory and acceptable by my family. so we would want you to go through the acceptance form and get back to us on what you feel. I will be giving you a call later . We would like to send the following document to you via FEDEX to the address you sent to us and the tracking number will be sent to you so that you can possibly occupy our house, Please once again, we are giving you this on trust and do not disappoint us and i promise you that, you will love the house. So we are with the below document here with us. you will need to make Payment for Rent deposit so the shipment of the Keys and document can get to your address you will have to provide to us .

Below are the contents of the document that will be shipped to you Via FedEx mailing service to the address you gave to me in the Application Form.

1) Entrance and the rooms Keys
2) Paper/Permanent house form(Containing your reference details)
3) The house documentary file.
4) Letter of Access
5) Payment Receipt.
6) Full address and driving direction/description of the house.

I will also need you to confirm your delivery details and also to answer the below questions so as to certify my worries about you taking charge of my house:

Delivery Name:
Delivery Address:
Phone #:

You are going to send the payment via Western union money transfer outlet today, so we can secure the house for you and your family and also for you to have the keys and document in your possession ,you will be sending the payment with my wife's information,below is my information to send the payment through Western union Outlet or wall mart..

Receivers Name:James Wilson
Address : 11 Kg Sg Ramal Luar,
State: Selangor
Zip code: 43000
TEST QUESTION : WHAT DAY?
ANSWER : TODAY

You are to get back to me with such information below to confirm the payment;
MTCN#(10DIGIT):
SENDER'S NAME:
ADDRESS:

Phone number if requested in the store (904) 274-2410

I will be waiting for your respond
Remain Blessed

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement

#194456 by Aurora133 Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:29 am
If my gmail goes to your spam folder I just wanted to say here, thank you for posting this! We just received a similar email from this individual (and it sounded sketchy from the start). I did a search for the number he left and it led me to this post. I also forwarded his email to you if you were interested. I hope this helps! And I'm glad people like you try to look out for others, kind of restores my faith in humanity, lol. Take care!
~Jen

P.s for anyone else out there the email address and phone number of this scammer (this time) is: [email protected]
(904) 274-2410
James E Vickery