Room for Rent and other rental scams
#189943 by FriendlyNeighbor Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:55 pm
Hello [XXXXX]
Thanks for getting back to me,i flagged the AD from craigslist cause i could not find a good and responsible tenant via the network...I am very glad to hear from you, and sorry for returning to this late,it is because I'm a little busy here,yes,I would have love to show you the interior through a friend or relatives but i don't have anybody that can do that for me at the moment..I tried to look for an agent that I could give the document & the keys before I left but i can't find any due to the matter of urgency so i have to take the key and documents along with me. And I don't want home misused in my absence that is why I took the keys and documents along with me..i Attached you the interior pictures for you to have an idea of what you are renting and how spacious and beautiful the interior looks,My family and I have gone through your application form that you filled and everything is okay with us, also I want to tell you that i can keep the home for
you because you have qualified to be definitely my new tenant. I have to give my Property to rent on what I see in your willingness in the rental application ... I'll be giving my rental property and a connection to broadband Internet at home.I have read your mail, i am sure you are a trustworthy person and someone that I can trust with all my heart. Reading through your email I discovered that you would be a responsible person. You are the kind of tenant I've been looking for and I want you to paste in your words as a good person,responsible and trustworthy that I can trust with all my heart, I promise to rent the house to you because no research award income and I know you'll love the interior of the Property when you move in.I want you to keep in mind that I would send the keys and documents of my Property with you before your move date through International delivery company.

These are the contents of the packages to be delivered to you.
1) The entrance and the rooms Keys.
2) Paper / permanent home (which contains your reference).
3) The Property documentary file.
4) Receipt of payment of deposit.
5) Full address and description of the Property.
6) Code of Safety for the systematic laptop.

I'll get the key and the document to the courier office as soon as you are ready to pay the deposit and has been confirmed on site for delivery of packages for you, so kindly reconfirm your delivery address with care or where do you want the package to be deliver to? because it is so important.

DELIVERY INFORMATION:
[XXXXX]
Know that I will have my property documents sent to you based on trust and hope that I will not be disappointed about it?, Please keep my property clean and tidy, because I worked very hard for this my property that I want to rent, and I do not want my property to be anyway to use in the presence of my life and I hope that you will help me treat my property like yours?. Let me know and make a promise to me.i will send you the documentation to take over my our home! Also i want you to know that the security deposit is refundable, Also i will be sending the package to you through FedEx Home Delivery and the package containing the keys only will be delivered to you within 24 hours through FedEx Home Delivery to the address that you have provided when filling the rental application.Well get back to me asap so that i can give you my information you will need to pay the security deposit so you can have key packages arrive as soon as possible for the
occupation in good faith,Here is my cell number (657) 210-1194

We hope to read from you as soon as possible today

The above is from a response we sent inquiring for more details. Some awful pictures were previously provided, so someone's going through some decent effort. A google search shows the property is owned, not for rent, and that the number attached is linked to a number of desperate properties that were previously posted under different names (but under the same number).
Advertisement

#206711 by jrg02 Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:05 pm
I am currently dealing with the same person. Here is what he wrote me from [email protected]:

Thanks for getting back to me, I am very glad to hear from you, and sorry for returning to this late,it is because I'm a little busy here,yes,My family and I have gone through your application form that you filled and everything is okay with us, also I want to tell you that i can keep the home for you because you have qualified to be definitely my new tenant. I have to give my Property to rent on what I see in your willingness in the rental application ... I'll be giving my rental property and a connection to broadband Internet at home.I have read your mail, i am sure you are a trustworthy person and someone that I can trust with all my heart. Reading through your email I discovered that you would be a responsible person. You are the kind of tenant I've been looking for and I want you to paste in your words as a good person,responsible and trustworthy that I can trust with all my heart, I promise to rent the house to you because no research award income and I know you'll love the interior of the Property when you move in.I want you to keep in mind that I would send the keys and documents of my Property with you before your move date through International delivery company.

These are the contents of the packages to be delivered to you.
1) The entrance and the rooms Keys.
2) Paper / permanent home (which contains your reference).
3) The Property documentary file.
4) Receipt of payment of deposit.
5) Full address and description of the Property.
6) Hard copy of the lease and agreement form

I'll get the key and the document to the courier office as soon as you are ready to pay the deposit and has been confirmed on site for delivery of packages for you, so kindly reconfirm your delivery address with care or where do you want the package to be deliver to? because it is so important.

Know that I will have my property documents sent to you based on trust and hope that I will not be disappointed about it?, Please keep my property clean and tidy, because I worked very hard for this my property that I want to rent, and I do not want my property to be anyway to use in the presence of my life and I hope that you will help me treat my property like yours?. Let me know and make a promise to me.i will send you the documentation to take over my our home! Also i want you to know that the security deposit is refundable, Also i will be sending the package to you through FedEx Home Delivery and the package containing the keys only will be delivered to you within 24 hours through FedEx Home Delivery to the address that you have provided when filling the rental application.Well get back to me asap so that i can give you my information you will need to pay the security deposit so you can have key packages arrive as soon as possible for the occupation in good faith,Here is my cell number (657) 210-1194

We hope to read from you as soon as possible today