Room for Rent and other rental scams
#190848 by Con Warner Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:25 am
Kristie Centilli <[email protected]> wrote:

Thanks for the interest in my House, my house is still available for rent and is located at 1489 Glengrove | Ypsilanti, MI 48198. quite and safe, I only need someone that can take good care of the house in my absence because right now am not around i just secured a contract in Lakewood,New Jersey here in United States, Am here with the house keys and documents, I tried to look for management before i left but i couldn't get anyone on time but the one i got we had a deal and later my wife advised me against it, I reason with her and accept her advise. so i contacted the agent back and let her understand that i am no longer interested in her handling the property anymore then we decided to have the house for rent out by ourselves. We would have given the agent this job, but the truth of the matter is that agent would want to handle it professionally and the occupant might not be able to reason with her. If you notice, you will discover that the price we are offering is below the standard price this is enough for you to know that we are not after the rental fee but the absolute perfect care of the house. So if you have a good reference you can email me back to secure and occupy my house in my absence.

NB: You can go to check the neighborhood and get back to me for further discussion, any sign post will be remove once i get any responsible tenant so you ignore the sign post because i have stopped dealing and contacting the Realtor for too much fees i paid and the realtor was trying to rip me off. It is available for a long term lease as we would be here for probably 2years or more and we are also intending to buy a new house here in Lakewood,New Jersey. (Security deposit required) which is $700. I would need your References, Pets Acceptable. The rent fee is $700 per month including the utilities, Get back to me as soon as possible because i need a tenant urgently and i can also forward the application form to you if you are interested.

General house description:
950 sq. ft. Ypsilanti Ranch (Wiard and State Street) with 3 bedrooms, 1 baths, and partially fenced yard. Beautiful hardwood floors in living room and bedrooms. Nice bay window in living room. Large eat in kitchen with doorwall leading to backyard. New kitchen appliances. Full basement with storage room and shelving. Spacious corner lot with storage shed. Very clean throughout. Appliances include stove, refrigerator, dishwasher, and washer. Central Air. Immediate Occupancy
Best Regards.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement

#212330 by UnconventionalLove Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:30 pm
I just Googled a response I got back in an email. Ended up here. Glad to confirm my suspicions, thank you!

"I only need someone that can take good care of the house in my absence because right now am not around i just secured a contract in Desoto, Texas here in United States, Am here with the house keys and documents, I tried to look for management before i left but i couldn't get anyone on time but the one i got we had a deal and later my wife advised me against it, I reason with her and accept her advise. so i contacted the agent back and let her understand that i am no longer interested in her handling the property anymore then we decided to have the house for rent out by ourselves. We would have given the agent this job, but the truth of the matter is that agent would want to handle it professionally and the occupant might not be able to reason with her. If you notice, you will discover that the price we are offering is below the standard price this is enough for you to know that we are not after the rental fee but the absolute perfect care of the house. So if you have a good reference you can email me back to secure and occupy my house in my absence.

NB: You can go to check the neighborhood and get back to me for further discussion, any sign post will be remove once i get any responsible tenant so you ignore the sign post because i have stopped dealing and contacting the Realtor for too much fees i paid and the realtor was trying to rip me off. It is available for a long term lease as we would be here for probably 2years or more and we are also intending to buy a new house here in Desoto, Texas.(Security deposit required) which is $600. I would need your References, Pets Acceptable. The rent fee is $700 per month including the utilities, Get back to me as soon as possible because i need a tenant urgently and i can also forward the application form to you if you are interested."