#193404 by Mike Wilson Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:55 am
www.metropolis-estates.com

Fake rental / escrow company

Address
48-50 Brazennose St Manchester M2 5EB England

Phone: +44 20 3239 4347
Fax: +44 20 3147 4872
[email protected]

The website is in the process of being reported for fraud.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
Advertisement

#193630 by joaoallen Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:11 am
I think I've been scammed by this guys.
First I saw an apartment to rent in Vila Real, Portugal and replied to the announce.
Then a supposed women called Elisabeth Duartes from Manchester reached to me through email ([email protected]) saying that she bought the flat to his daughter when she was studying her in Portugal.
After that she said that she found a way to send me the keys and the renting contract by a secure way (http://www.metropolis-estates.com) because we could follow the package to my house using their tracking system, but before I needed to make a wire transfer using Western Union, and I did because in order to make the transfer, the person who's going to lift up the money has got to have is name in the transfer forms.
They package was supposed to be in my house in a maximum of two days, but the package never came. (This was Saturday 08March2014).
I'm now organizing my paper and my emails to present charge in my country authorities.

if someone has some real information about this guys I would like you to send me a private message with that information.

Many thanks!
#193789 by mich_rodrilo Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:52 pm
Hey,

I have received 2 e-mail from different "owners" indicating the same message.
They're both in the UK, renting a beautiful cheap apartment in Mexico because they had to leave the city and recommend to use metropolis-estates to close the transaction.

They all mention the following steps: 1) they send the keys and property ceritifications with the "company", 2)I need to deposit 1 month of rent, 3) then, they send the keys to me to inspect the apartment 4) If I like it I keep it, if not they give me the money back.

Here are the e-mails that contacted me for 2 different apartments: [email protected] and [email protected]

IT'S A SCAM.
#203244 by lro Tue May 27, 2014 2:04 pm
it happened to me just like joaoallen but the company was orion estatesgroup
#203245 by Mike Wilson Tue May 27, 2014 2:19 pm
Hello Iro,
I am sorry to hear that you are a victim of this crime. Please post the email addresses and the email the directed you to the fake rental company. Be sure to remove your personal information be fore posting.

If you have any additional questions about this scam please ask.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon