Room for Rent and other rental scams
#194089 by Con Warner Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:31 pm
Subject: Re: Apt for rent
Date: March 13, 2014 11:11
To: Con Warner
Reply-To: joh od <[email protected]>

Hello Beloved,

I am the owner of the apartment and which is very much available for rent. We are a little selective in leasing out our apartment. Our priority is taking a responsible, careful, understanding tenant that will take good care of the property due to the amount we are renting.

The monthly rent goes for ($1100) (Including Utilities) and Security fee also know as deposit fee is ($500) which is refundable. Apartment size (600sqft) Apartment location: 150 Prospect Park W #3E, Brooklyn, NY 11215 (Downtown Brooklyn)

APARTMENT FEATURES: True 1 Bedroom, Hardwood Floors, BIG Living Room with Renovated Kitchen, Brand New Cabinets-Stove & Refrigerator, Packing space, washer and dryer in the apartment.

Will want to announce to you that I was residing in the apartment before with my family, But we have been transferred to Salinas California for my pastoral care and counseling course for 6 years... So my family and I have decided that we would be moving to our other home when we get back.

I have an apartment manager Name: Bill Bridwell (My apartment manager) who works with Golden Touch Management Realty, he has been my apartment manager for years. You can also reach him via email ([email protected])...Get in touch with him with the below information, he will get back to you as soon as he get those details below from you.

Please answer these questions below:
*1)Your Full Name:
*2)Present Address(where you reside now:
*3) Phone# :
*4)How old are you :
*5)Are you married :
*6)Do you have a car :
*7)Occupation :
*8)How long are you willing to stay :
*9)How soon are you ready to move in:

It is also important that you send him all necessary details he need to know about yourself which will convince him that you are a perfect tenant.
There is no Registration fee or agency fee. Electric Bills and water bills have been paid for; all the receipt is with my apartment manager.
You are free to contact me at any time. Pets are allowed. I hope to hear from you soonest.

More details will be communicated to you as soon as he gets your response.

God Bless
Rev Evans
Call Me 917 768 2445

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement