Room for Rent and other rental scams
Advertisement

#194997 by Dotti Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:39 pm
Welcome to scamwarners!

Could you please post the contents of the ads or the emails associated with these names? They provide the necessary evidence of scamming for being listed here, and if they are re-used, it will help others to identify future scams as well.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#200952 by brykri Sat May 10, 2014 5:43 am
This Dirk Rommeswinkel guy posted an aparment on craigslist in Berlin as well.
I responded to the ad and got an email back looking pretti legit.. and then there was a Google Docs like (or so I thought) containing more details and pictures.
I had to log into it via gmail but nothing happened.
And then a minute later I got a warning from Gmail saying that someone from Urugay tried to log into my account..
#210848 by cjohnson23 Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:07 am
He also posted an ad for lausanne with this new email: [email protected]

"€520 / 2br - Beautiful, lovely and exceptional furnished apartment in city (Lausanne)"
"Spacious two bedroom apartment for rent, good location in Lausanne, very close to the city centre. Available right now. International students share the apartment. The apartment is fully furnished, large living and dining room, fully equipped kitchen, two bedrooms and two bathrooms. Wireless Internet included in the rent. Private inner courtyard"

pictures were attached didn't download them. i asked if i could send a friend to visit the apartment he replied ignoring my question and responding this:

"Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me and for the much interest you have toward the renting of my apartment, as I told you in my previous email, I am willing to rent the apartment out due to my relocation to Malaysia, so the lease is available for long and short term rent and the monthly rent cover all bill as such as water,electricity,fast internet,etc

The apartment is furnished two bedrooms.

Now that you are interested in renting my apartment and you will like me to reserve it for you upon your arrival...We have to proceed with the arrangement now.....You need to send me the details below for the contract.

1...Your full name and address.

2...Your date of birth.

3...Your move in date and move out date.

4...Your phone number.

5...A scan copy of your passport ID.

I will be needing this details to prepare the lease contract as we need to legalize the rent by signing a contract after that you will proceed with the payment of one month rent and security deposit to confirm the reservation and an assurance towards the renting of the apartment and i will take permission from work and arrive in the city to fix you into the apartment on your moving in day.

After this a receipt will be given to you which you will have as evidence of payment with the lease contract as a legal tenant and you can easily move in on your arrival.

Regards,
DIRK"

be careful you guys, BIIIIG scam!