Room for Rent and other rental scams
#195228 by Michelle Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:58 am
In a message dated 3/23/2014 10:57:44 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, [email protected] writes:
Thanks for your time and response to our advert.Please it is importunate you read this carefully! Our available house is a lovely one for rent in Orlando, FL You can drive by to view it from the outside. 4051 Boca Woods Drive ,Orlando, FL 32826 If you know you're not serious please i beg you don't bother replying, don't waste your time and mine.We are looking for a God fearing and a neat family that can occupy it as you can see our home is more decent and well kept. Please note that your rent starts counting from move in date so we want you to be sincere to us and always remember to pay your rent when it is due. I am Bishop David R Faulk and First lady Susan A Faulk happens to be my wife.Due to my quick missionary movement as a parish Bishop, my family and I had to leave the house that was posted on Craigslist at Orlando, FL ,to give it out for rent and now we are in Africa to spread the word of God and also to build a new parish,where people can worship.we're currently in west Africa reaching out to the underprivileged ones here, it has become our lifestyle to see people happy. You can reach me through this (+2347039810260) be sure to dial internationally. We have been finding it difficult to rent it due to we won't be able to see the tenant in person until we come for check up, but we pray about it and belief in our heart to find someone with a good heart and good intention. You should count yourself lucky to meet with this offer, because we decided to offer a price below standard of $550 per month(rent already include utilities) in order to make it affordable. An agent was to handle this for us at a high price, but due to the fact we are not originally from the area and also because of commission issues, we decided it is best to handle it ourselves and we would appreciate anyone who understands our situation and will be willing to work with us.

Note:We did not authorized any agent for our property anymore. The keys are with us but we have no problems as far as getting it to whoever we feel is potential to rent the house. Please understand my situation and consider me. I am married with three(3) kids. Am only trying to help someone here and in return i hope the person takes care of my property.

Property Basics; Rent
Bedroom:2.
Bathroom:2.
Sq footage:1,100sqt
Rent:$500
Security deposit:$500
Pets Allowed(hopefully trained ones)
Lease Term:A year or More.

Please
if you are ready now to occupy the house kindly provide the information below for your paper work and i will be happy to give you a call, because it is best we speak over the phone.

LEASE APPLICATION FORM

FULL CONTACT NAME?
OCCUPATION?
RESIDENTIAL HOME ADDRESS?
YOUR CELLPHONE NUMBER?
YOUR HOME PHONE NUMBER?
YOUR WORKPLACE NUMBER?
BEST TIME TO REACH YOU?
AGE & MARITAL STATUS?
OWN A PET?
OWN A CAR?
HOW MANY PEOPLE SHALL RESIDE IN THE PREMISES?
HOW LONG DO YOU INTEND TO RENT?
ANTICIPATED MOVE IN DATE?
HOW SOON CAN YOU MAKE THE PAYMENT?
REFERENCE?
FAMILY PICTURES IF ANY?

Best of regards

Bishop David R Faulk

To: Michelle Banks
Sent: 3/24/2014 5:58:35 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
Subj: Re: $500 / 2br - 1100ft² - 2bedroom 2 bath single family house (ORLANDO)

Thanks very much for your reply and also i can see your willingness in my house . I have decided to let you live in my house.However if you are ready to rent the house now then that will not be a problem but we will advice you to provide the security deposit to secure the house and also we will send the keys and document of the house to you via the FedEx to the address you send to me and the tracking number will be sent to you. Pls once again,we are giving you this on trust and do not disappoint us and i promise you that you will love the house. So i am with the below document here with me.the payment will be made by through Western Union Money Transfer Nearest to You Here are the contents of the document.

(1) Entrance and the rooms Keys
(2) Paper/Permanent house form(Containing your reference details)
(3) The house documentary file.
(4) Payment Receipt.

As soon as i confirm the payment, I will send the necessary document and keys of the house to you through FedEx and you will get the keys by 5:30pm your time next day get back to you with the Tracking number and the arrival time of the document and the keys. pls get back to me asap.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement