Room for Rent and other rental scams
#202931 by Beatrice Sun May 25, 2014 11:58 am
I registered on a site, and Sarah contacted me:

"Are you still interested in renting a room in Amsterdam?

Kindly email back so i can send you pics and details of my flat.

Hope to read from you soon.

Regards,

Sarah"

I told her that I do, so I got that mail:

"Thanks for the reply. I do have a 3 bedroom flat and would love to rent out a room in the flat. The second room is been used by a 23yrs old Dutch student while the third room is been used by me.

My flat is located at Nieuwezijdskolk 32, Amsterdam City Center, 1012 PV Amsterdam

Its fully furnished with Internet service, Shower / Bathroom, sink and toilet, TV , Kettle, Cupboards / wardrobes, Fridge , Fresh and sterilized blanket / bed linen and pillowcase, Air conditioner, Double glazing. Kitchen Includes: Cooker with oven/grill. Washing machine, Microwave, Toaster, Kettle, Fridge. Storage area, Iron&Iron Board.

The room would be rented out for 400Euro per month(all bills inclusive) and a refundable deposit of 500Euro is also required.

*Please no time wasters kindly email back stating your interest and i do understand you not seeking an immediate accommodation, i would be willing to have it securely reserved for you from the period which you would be needing it.

Attached below are pics of my flat.

Hope to read form you soon.

Regards,

Irena."

As you can imagine, some great pictures. I wrote that I'd like to know something about her, then I got the the following mail:

"Thanks for the reply and the interest in my flat.

A little about myself: Am a 32yrs old lady from the USA. I have been in the Netherlands for over 2yrs now. I work as a public relations officer in a small organization. Am cool, clean, caring, kind, honest, nice, easy going, down to earth with a good sense of humor and am seeking a flatmate with the same qualities. I love cooking, camping, swimming, outdoors, adventures, spending free times with friends and loved ones. I have attached below some pictures of me :)

The other Dutch girl whose name is Johanna is 23yrs old. She is studying marketing at University of Amsterdam. She is patient, generous, kind, and loving. She is always upbeat, has a positive attitude about most things and she likes to have fun.

I and her spend most weekends together cooking, baking, shopping and visiting the cinemas.

I would be willing to have the room securely reserved for you. Kindly get back to me telling me more about yourself so we can proceed with this.

Hope to read from you soon.

Regards,

Sarah."

She also sent me a copy of her pasport, a few pics of her and a draft of a contract. When I asked if I may come along, I never got a reply.
A few weeks later, I changed something in my profile. Then your profile appers at the beginning of the top again (as if you were a new user). One day later, I got exactly the same mails with details of a flat with the same address, just the pictures and the name of the landlord were different, this time a "Irena Pavlicoka" ([email protected]) wrote me.
Advertisement

#232805 by Kras_Sarah Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:19 pm
I am Sarah Krasnow and I am so sorry this person is attempting to scam you - I tried to sublet from her a few years ago and she has been using my passport photo on various sites. I have never lived in Amsterdam and I have no idea who shebabyxx4 is. Someone contacted me earlier this year about something similar. To all who see this: do not sublet from shebabyxx4! It's not me!