Room for Rent and other rental scams
#204418 by DriahD Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:10 pm
Came across this TODAY on Craigslist. I am looking for a 2 Bedroom in Brampton and " John Kenedy " responded with the message below.

It's so annoying and frustrating considering I am truly in need of a place for me and my two boys and there are just people waiting to take advantage.

On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 8:34 PM, xxxxxxx wrote:
Hello John,

Sounds great when can I view the unit.
Xxxxxxxx

On Jun 4, 2014, at 12:15 PM, "John Kenedy" <[email protected]> wrote:

This is absolutely amazing seeing your reply, Presently am in (PHILIPPINES) to visit my Step MOM ,this is the reason why i want to rent out,Its available to both short and long lease term,so you can live as long as you want.This rent includes all utilities and there is no additional charges incur. Pets allowed.You can come along with your furniture and all other things, all the necessary documents are here with me, including the rent receipts,i would be away for a long time so i am willing to rent out for a Long or a short time either, it is available for rent.

RENT APPLICATION FORM
Also,Pls let me get this answer.
1)Your Full Name
2)Your Full Address & Phone Number
3)How old are you?
4)Are you married?
5)How many people will be living in the house?
6)Do you have a pet?
7)Do you have a car?
8)Occupation?
9)When are you planing to move
in?

10)REFERENCES

Reference:

Ph#:

I ______CERTIFY that answers given herein are true and complete to the best of my knowledge. I authorize investigation of all statements contained in this application for tenant screening as may be necessary in arriving at a tenant decision. I understand that the landlord may terminate any rental agreement entered into for any misrepresentation made above.

Looking forward to hear from you with all this details so that i can have it in my file incase of issuing the receipt for you and contacting you.

On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 5:00 PM, xxxxxx wrote:
Hello,

Thank you for your response. As per your last email please respond with the details.

Best Regards

Xxxxxxxxxx
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed personal information and split.
Advertisement