Room for Rent and other rental scams
#204603 by Michelle Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:22 am
Date: Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 6:16 AM
Subject: Regarding:- 5741 Rosslyn Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46220
To: Michelle Banks

Hi,

The house is still available for rent and I'm looking for Honest and reliable person to occupy and maintain the Property.

What date do you intend to move in???

PROPERTY FEATURES & AMENITIES

Address:- 5741 Rosslyn Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46220
Monthly Rent:- $700 {UTILITY NOT INCLUDED}
Damages & Security Deposit:- $700 {REFUNDABLE}
Heating features:- Central, Electric Source
Smoking:- Allowed
Lease terms:- Short & Long term Allowed
Pets:- Allowed
AMENITIES:- Ceiling Fans, Dishwasher, Fireplace , Garbage Disposal, Microwave, Security Alarm, Refrigerator, Washer / Dryer

Hoping to read a progressive response from you Asap and if everything is OK by you, Kindly respond for commencement on the rental arrangement.

Thank & Regards :-)

Hayman.

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send (by Western Union) money in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement