Room for Rent and other rental scams
#206105 by Ryilen Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:31 pm
Hey,

Thank you for your interest in my apartment located in 761 Bay St, Toronto, ON M5G 2R2. The apartment is in excellent condition and it's just like in the pictures, very clean and very well taken. Honestly from point of view I'm sure that you will rent it on spot. I'm not looking to make a business or a profit with the apartment, I'm just trying to find a good and trust person to take good care of the place. The apartment has 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom. It is furnished but if you want you can use your furniture and deposit mine in the storage unit that is located near the building not far away. The rent is 860 CAD/month with everything included (heat, hydro, water, electricity, cable and internet-full package from Rogers, 2 parking spots, laundry in-suite, washer and dryer). You will have full access to all the amenities of the building. Pets are allowed. I stayed in the apartment with my wife for 3 months. I'm a civil engineer and I work for a company that has an auction for a project in construction in London, United Kingdom, so my accommodation period in United Kingdom will be about 4 years. Everything in the apartment is new so there will be no need for repairs.

Thank you and look forward hearing from you!

Chris

PS : I attached you all the pictures that I have with the apartment ( as you can see everything is in absolutely perfect condition ) .

Found an apartment on pad mapper in late february. I got in contact with this fella Chris and my boyfriend warned me it seemed a little fishy considering the area I was trying to rent in usually carried rent twice the price he was offering. I managed to get out before it was too late and just recently came across a forum here warning of this exact same guy who successfully scammed people across the country for hundreds of dollars.

Beware of anyone who claims they are overseas and have the keys with them. If you do not feel comfortable, do not go through with it. Days after I got in contact with him I went to look up the ad online again and it was gone. I've read that previous people who were scammed by him had the same thing happen to them. I obviously found it a little fishy. On top of that, he had his facts all wrong. The address of the apartment on his ad was 33 Bay st, however he kept referring to it as 761 Bay st. When I brought up to him why he had 2 different numbers (mind you, these locations are about 7 blocks away from each other, therefore not easy to mix up) he brushed it off and continued with the Cozy.co website he planned on having me use. He told me that he had already shipped the keys off to canada and the only thing I had to do to get them was pay the security deposit. If anybody ever requires a deposit before you view the apartment it is a TOTAL SCAM.

This guy goes by several aliases and has struck all over Canada. Please be aware of anybody with the names of:
Chris Rodier [email protected]
Christopher Shuster [email protected]
David Piaket @[email protected]
Christopher Linser [email protected]

THIS IS ALL THE SAME GUY!!!

He used the same script, will send you HD photographs, and will never be in the country, therefore making it impossible to meet with him in person. He has been known to use online payment websites to get your money including cozy.co, sparktrent, and clickandbuy

When looking for rental apartments, remember: IF IT SEEMS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT PROBABLY IS

this guy is a total wackjob
Advertisement