Room for Rent and other rental scams
#207069 by Mike Wilson Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:57 am
www.lenshomes.co.uk
Fake Rental / Escrow company

Phone: +44 203-286-7089
Fax: +44 705-340-1379

the website is in the process of being reported for fraud.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
Advertisement

#207349 by Yuri Ito Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:17 am
Thank's god I found this topic.

Here is the mails that I recieved. Can someone confirm that this is a scam? (sorry I'm Belgian and I'm slow to understand everything so I need confirmation)

First I recieived this answer

Bonjour,

J'espère que vous comprenez l'anglais .... S'il vous plaît me repond en anglais!
Si vous ne comprenez pas l'anglais traduire ici: http://translate.google.com/#en/fr/

First, Thank you for your e-mail.
Second, sorry for my late reply .
I own the apartment from my husband that he passed away 3 months ago.
I am constructor engineer and i decided to rent the apartment since i am in UK ( British Citizen ).
The whole apartment is for EUR 500 per month including all bills (water, electricity, internet, cable).
The deposit i ask is the normal and legal deposit for any apartment and i mean 1st month rent (EUR 500) + 2 months security deposit (EUR 1000), that`s EUR 1,500 in total, with no additional fees.

I am pleased to give you basic details about my apartment:
There are 2 bedrooms, elevator, balcony, washer/dryer in unit, A/C, dishwasher, parking--1 garage included in the rent, also internet ( Wifi ), close to transportation and everything else.
It's fully furnished, but I can rent it unfurnished also, same price if unfurnished, will use a moving company if you want it unfurnished. As I said pets are allowed.
The length of the lease is flexible: short term or long term.

Below is the apartment address:

This is how it`s look the apartment as we speak ( real and actual pictures ) :
(beautifull apartment)

Please tell me in short what exactly are you looking for and which are your requirements?

All the best,
XXXXX

And later:

Hi there,

I am glad to hear from you :).
As I told you i am in Birmingham, UK and the thing is that I am the only person who has the keys, but i have a SAFE solution for that.
The apartment is vacant, you just need to receive the keys and the contract to check it, and see if you can accept it. Of course we will need some way to go through this agreement, to allow us ensure that we get what we are expecting. For in it, I have discovered how we could finish the deal securely and quickly, and in this way, you will receive the keys in 2 days, if you move quickly as well. A rental third party service called LensHomes, offers this solution and will handle both payment and delivery of the keys.
They handle rentals for people who can't leave their jobs to show their apartments in person.

So, here is how it goes:
I start over the process with LensHomes here in Birmingham and I leave the keys and a copy of the contract at LensHomes. Then they'll e-mail you all the information you need to continue the transaction at your end. As per the LensHomes`s instructions I will receive the money after you visit the apartment and you agree to rent it.
It's clear and simple. All I want is to both be safe.

To start this transaction, I need your full name, address, city, postcode and country. I will pay for the services performed by the agency, so there will be no additional cost for you.

Should i begin the process with LensHomes? Please e-mail me and let me know and in 2-3 days you could have the keys in hand if you complete your end in a timely fashion.

Thank you,
XXXXX

This looks a lot like other scams and I found the ad on a Belgian real estate website.

I'm not going further-on in the negociations without knowing if it's a scam and I hope if it is, that many poeple will see my testimony.
#207365 by AlanJones Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:47 am
It is definitely a scam - the website is fake and the "company" does not have the required registrations they need to provide the service they are offering.

Never give anyone money for a property that you haven't physically viewed the inside of.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#207369 by Yuri Ito Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:56 am
Thank you for the fast response. I was worried about a scam and I'm proven right. Beware every one [email protected] is a scammer.

And Lenshomes is their tool to bait you.