Room for Rent and other rental scams
#209221 by Michelle Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:15 am
On Thursday, July 3, 2014 6:47 PM, Best Home <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello Michelle

Thanks for your interest and inquiries about my house. Yes the house is still available for rent and we are looking for a responsible family to occupy and maintain the house now that we are not around. I work with the United Nations Development Program(UNDP) and i just got a transfer that is already bring me down to ILLINOIS....Myself and Family just traveled to ILLINOIS. for the program. My transfer would be for a period between 2-3 years, so i would definitely be renting my house to whom ever that will take good care of it.

I want you to know that you can't view the interior,i would have love to show you the interior through a friend or relatives but i don't have anybody that can do that for me at the moment.I can email you the Pictures of the house to have idea how beautiful and spacious the inside looks. I tried to look for an agent that I could give the document & the keys before I left but i can't find any due to the matter of urgency so i have to take the key and documents along with me here in ILLINOIS. And I don't want home misused in my absence that is why I took the keys and documents along with me.the only person i trust in the state right now that you can meet has informed us that he as travel to South Korea for professional course. but you are free to drive by and see the outside of the house.

So kindly let me know if you are ok with this.

Steve C Harrington

To: Michelle Banks
Sent: Saturday, July 5, 2014 1:17 AM
Subject: RE: Apartment/Lease Agreement

Yes every thing is Ok, I forward it to my lawyer and everything is fine, I wanted to use this time to welcome you as my Tenant Hope you are and your family enjoyed yourself and guess you extend my greetings to them, Once again i will like to resend what are going to be ship to you Via FedEx To this Address,

Michelle Banks
419 Rue De La Remarks

1) Entrance and the rooms Keys
2) Paper/Permanent house form(Containing your reference details)
3) The house documentary file.
4) Letter of Access
5) Payment Receipt.
6) Full address and driving direction/description of the house.

So check again Mr Sean so i can E-mail you the INFO where to send Payment.

Thanks
Stay Bless
Steve C Harrington

On Saturday, July 5, 2014 2:33 AM, Best Home <[email protected]> wrote:

Here is all you need. [to make the Western Union Payment]

NAME...DARLENE GRAFTON

CITY...KINCAID

STATE...ILLINOIS

ZIP CODE....62540

As soon as my Lawyer Secretary pick the money up and my lawyer confirm the payment the pkgs will be ship Immediately

Thanks
Steve C Harrington

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send (by Western Union) money in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement