Room for Rent and other rental scams
#211258 by russkii jim Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:31 pm
Hi guys I am new to this site. There is a website Starflats and there were a couple of possible flats for rent. Went onto the site, found the prices bit too cheap but thought an email enquiry was enough as wasn't going to give any money/finance details online. I had the following response from purportedly two different landlords but it is clearly identical and if read properly the English is just wrong and the questions at best "weird". The response from both the 'landlords' as listed in my topic title is the following:

Thanks for the interest you have in my flat.My flat is still available for rent and you can stay in my flat as long as you pay your rent at when due. Here are the necessary things you need to know about the rent and deposit.

Rent £400 pcm : £ 100.00 pw
Security Deposit: £ 500.00 (Returnable at the end of a week stay in my flat)
Utility bills inclusive ( water, gas, council tax, TV license and wireless Internet) Utility Cost : £ 0.00 pcm.

However, At this stage that you want to rent my flat, i need to know some few question about you.Can you keep my flat clean and tidy? Do you have references in UK?. Kindly reply for further information and i will like to know where you are coming from to stay in my flat."

I loved the bit about the deposit being given back after a week stay there as of course all landlords do that! (Designed to lure vulnerable in)

Ho hum and avoid these characters like the plague ;)
Advertisement