Room for Rent and other rental scams
#211698 by Michelle Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:27 pm
On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 5:27 AM, Henry Bale <[email protected]> wrote:
Hello,

My wife and I is very pleased to inform you that the apartment is still very much available for rent, my intentions and plans is to give out the apartment to a very neat, Reliable and Responsible tenant that would be able to take proper care of the lovely apartment. It's indeed a lovely and comfortable apartment and available for immediate move in. Thanks for considering my apartment.

Fees needed to move in:

Monthly Rent: $900 (Including Utilities)
Security / Deposit: $900.

APARTMENT FEATURES:

Big Living Room, Spacious 1 bedroom flooded with natural light, 1 Bathroom, Hardwood floors, Kitchen with new appliances, Brand New Cabinets, Electric Cooker & Refrigerator, Heat and Hot water, High Speed Internet Access and Cable TV Ready.

I would like you to know that I am giving out this lovely apartment to you because I have just been stationed in Africa for a special task I can't desclose in here, and I am right now in Africa. My assignment will be for somes few years.

I would like you to fill the below details:

=============================================================================================================================================================

RENT APPLICATION FORM

FIRST NAME:_________
MIDDLE NAME:_________________
LAST NAME:__________________
SEX:____________
MARITAL STATUS:_____________
KIDS___ (YES/NO), HOW MANY:________
PRESENT ADDRESS:_______
WHY ARE YOU MOVING OUT?___________
WHEN DO YOU INTEND MOVING IN?________
HOW LONG DO YOU INTEND STAYING?_______
WHAT TYPE OF WORK YOU DO:________________
HOW LONG YOU HAVE BEEN STEADILY EMPLOYED:______________
WHAT'S YOUR TYPICAL WEEK DAY IS LIKE?:__________
(CELL) PHONE:______________
(HOME) PHONE:______________
(WORK) PHONE:______________
IF YOU HAVE A PET?_________
DO YOU SMOKE?______________
DO YOU DRINK?_________
DO YOU WORK LATE NIGHT?____
HOW SOON CAN YOU HAVE THE DEPOSIT PAYMENT SENT TO ME:___
HOW SOON DO YOU WANT TO RECEIVE THE KEYS AND DOCUMENTS OF THE HOUSE: ______________

=============================================================================================================================================================

I will need this information because my family and I won't be moving back to the apartment, there is no Registration fee. The Security Deposit would be needed as a Security Bond in order for the keys and paperwork along side with Lease Contract agreement to be sent to you... Electric Bills and water bills have been paid for, so I would also need to send the receipts to you, in case it would be needed.

I would like you to know that you are free to contact me at any time. After I receive these details, I would get back to you soonest and let you know my terms.

I hope to hear from you soonest.

Henry Bale.
CELL PHONE #: 011-234-708-286-9658. or (+234-708-286-9658).

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send (by Western Union) money in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement