Room for Rent and other rental scams
#212191 by Michelle Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:10 am
To: Michelle Banks
Subject: RE: Apartment Inquiry/Application
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 01:25:43 +0000

Hello Michelle

Thanks so much for getting back to me and your application form has been approved. I really appreciate your willingness in renting my apartment and i promise you that you will never regret taking my apartment. My wife and i have taken time to go over your application form and we are so impressed and can't stop having the feeling that my apartment will be well kept by you as promised, i will like us to proceed with the payment and the shipment of the keys and the documents immediately so that the package containing the keys,receipt of your payment and the documents can be delivered to you as soon as possible so you can get to move in at your own convenient time.

I will like you to know that you will make the payment of the first month rent $700 and security deposit $500 in total of $1,200 so that we can ship out the keys and the document's to you and also we will be sending the following document to you via the (UPS DELIVERY SERVICE) to your present address which you will provide to me now and the shipment tracking number will be sent to you as soon as the package gets on transit so that you can occupy my apartment and please once again, we are giving you this on trust and do not disappoint us. I promise you that you will love it and attached are interior pictures of the apartment to show you how spacious and beautiful the inside is and you can also check out the exterior.

So i am with the below documents here with me, i will like to know if you are ready for the payment. Here are the contents of the document that will be coming to you below...

Here Are The Contents Of The Package.

1)Entrance And The Rooms Keys
2)A Copy Of The Lease Agreement Form
3)Payment Receipt

So let me know about your final decision,so that we can proceed on the next step to send the keys of my apartment to you through (UPS DELIVERY SERVICE) as soon as i confirm your first month rent and security deposit payment so as to secure the apartment for yourself and you can move in at your own convenient time and i want you to know that the delivery will take just 24 hours as confirmed to me by the shipping company but i want you to get back to me with your address where you want the package to be sent so it won't get to the wrong hand, fill in your delivering Information below and get back to me immediately today:

1)Package Receiver"s Name:
2)Package Receiver"s Address:
3)Package Receiver"s Phone:

I look forward to hearing from you.I want you to get back to me if you are ready for the payment which will be via Western Union Money Transfer, so that i can provide to you the information you will be using for the payment.The good God shall bless you and we will include you in our prayers.

Waiting to hear from you soon,

Regards.

To: Michelle Banks
Subject: RE: Apartment Inquiry/Application
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 15:23:55 +0000

Hello Michelle

Thanks so much for your prompt response and i quite appreciate your understanding. I am very Okay with your move in date but i want you to know that we had so many interested applicants for this apartment even some were willing to pay and move in immediately but my wife and i decided to rent the apartment to you because we believe you will take very good care of the apartment and with this, i will advice we proceed immediately so as to secure the apartment for yourself and also will like to clarify that the monthly rent of $700 includes all utilities like water, cable, electricity, internet Wifi e.t.c and yes it's a beautiful sea-view from the Balcony.

So you are to locate nearby Western Union Outlet/local store near you and make the payment and always remember that, I will pay for the package delivery in the UPS office and i will make sure I tell the agent in-charge of the package that i want the package to be delivered to your doors step which will be home delivery, so you will not be paying any more money when you want to receive the keys package from the UPS agent, the UPS agent will just tell you to sign and collect the package, so please take notice and below are details that you will need in making the payment in the Western Union Store...

Here Is My Western Union Full Payment Receivers Details :

Receiver's Name: Joseph Stalin
Receiver's Address: 2626 Taal Street

City: Manila
State: Philippines
Zipcode: 1004
Amount Send: $1,200

Also get back to me ASAP once the payment have been sent today with the below details from the Western Union Outlet OR do scan me the Western Union Transfer confirmation receipt...

MTCN # (Money Transfer Control Number):
Sender's First And Last Name:
Sender's Full Address:
Exact Amount Sent:

Awaiting your Prompt Response.

Regards.

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send (by Western Union) money in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement