Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#211434 by AliSArdar Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:08 pm
Hello everyone I really thought i had a job as well. But now i am a little worried. The "Shipping Company" that hired me is called Total Global Shipping. this an email from them,

Dear Ali

The Employment Agreement is attached to this letter (PDF and JPEG files).

Please download it, check attentively, after that, if you agree with all the points, fill out the form and email or fax to us

Also we require a scanned image of your driver's license or passport. Please scan a new image that clearly and sharp shows the complete driver's license or passport. You may also use a digital camera/web camera.

I'll be waiting for your reply.

Yours Sincerely,
Gregory Roberts
HR Coordinator
Total Global Shipping
http://www.Total-Shipping.com
Tel: (919) 241-8749
Fax: (919) 267-2879

I thought this was a legit job, but i guess i was wrong. Then they emailed more details.

JOB DESCRIPTION

You can earn extra money with us! This is part-time job (flexible schedule).

Position: QUALITY INSPECTOR Salary: $2500/month via PayPal or Bank Transfer
(We cover all the postal expenses)

We interrelate thousands of people around the globe to the U.S. market and provides them with personalized value-added services to make their shopping experience in the U.S. enjoyable and easy to do.

GENERAL
Receive goods for our customers in your area; assist in company’s financial business.

PRINCIPAL DUTY
Your job will consist of receiving and sending parcels, sorting, checking the contents and further shipping. For this job you should remain at your house during post service working hours, at times you will have to accept parcels, addressed to our clients, i.e. with their name on the label. Since it is sometimes difficult to make a warrant, you would have to take the parcel directly from the postman, and not at the office.

REQUIRED SKILLS
1. Team work
2. Basic knowledge of MS Office
3. Accuracy

WORK PLAN
1. Receive the correspondence for our customer to your residential address.
2. Report to our manager about new package.
3. Repack received items following the instructions our manager will send to you.*
4. Receive prepaid shipping labels.
5. Fill the forms and papers according to our manager’s instructions.
(You will receive the e-mail with instructions for each package).
6. Send the package out using the specified shipping method.

* All the parcels pass the control in the International Package Center; we care about your security.

I have got my first few package but i have not sent them out yet, Please advice me what to do. Should i alert the police, I want to quit this "job". Mr.Roberts as he calls himself wanted me to print out the agreement and sign it. the agreement is a pdf and so i cant copy the text. And like a native person I printed it out and faxed him the agreement signed. Now I WANT out, how do i Quit. Is it even a real job that i can quit? The bottom was signed by a man named Richard A Schells. PLEASE HELP ME. Also I did send him my driver licence through a scan. What should I DO?
Advertisement

#211436 by AlanJones Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:03 pm
First off, there is no "job" as the "company" does not exist, so don't worry about the need to quit or being held to agreements.

The package you have received will contain goods paid for with stolen credit cards, so whatever you do, do not send it where you are being told to. Instead, contact the police and ask them what you should do with it. Explain to them that you are the victim of a reshipping scam. If they do not know what you are talking about (which is possible for some forces), refer them to this IC3.gov page http://www.ic3.gov/crimeschemes.aspx#item-16, which explains it.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#211440 by HillBilly Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:34 pm
Alan is right, there is no company, no real "job" at all.

If you received the goods in the USPS mail system, call the Postal Inspectors office, make copies for yourself, then take the originals to them. You can find your local Postal Inspector's office here : http://locator.uspis.gov/locator/

#211460 by vonpaso xlura Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:44 pm
The fax number and phone number are in two different counties in North Carolina, the registrant is in Georgia, and the hoster is in Latvia. The site is in the process of being reported for fraud.

Don't tell the scammers that you quit or how you found out it's a scam. Just stop answering them. Follow the advice above about returning the packages.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10