Information on romance scams and scammers.
#212788 by Beaufybee Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:00 pm
Oh, thank God I found this forum because i really need help for my confuse
this lately times, i'm corresponding with someone in yahoo messenger who said that he is an US army. His rank is c-7.
he is a nice guy and he always can understand me and i like him. so far, he never asked for any money but our relation, its like became so serious because he even made a new account only for me and he keep online in 24 hours. he said he have a private room and private pc but he's not allowed to use any webcam. he send me some pictures that showing he is an american soldier and he was on afganishtan. now he is in military base camp in miami.
in december, he planned to visit my country just to see me.
because i'm not an american so i dont know about american militarys life. before this relation getting serious, can you tell me is this a fake account or not. or how can i know if this is a fake or real account with a real biodata? please help me.
Advertisement

#212790 by AlanJones Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:08 pm
It's a scam - real soldiers do not have time to be online chatting with people 24 hours a day, they have jobs to do like any normal person does. Only scammers can be online 24 hours a day as they are pathetic lazy individuals who are too dumb to get a proper job, so sit in the Internet cafe stealing from people.

The request for money will come, when the scammer decides that you are fully emotionally dependent on him.

Please post all his details (email addresses, samples of the mails that he sends) as this will help the other victims that he is currently scamming.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#212794 by HillBilly Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:38 pm
There is no such rank in the US military as a c-7. The only reason he can't show himself on webcam is because he will not match the pictures he sent you. Even though you may not be American, you can likely get answers just remembering http://google.com/ (Google is your friend)

as Alan Jones said, it is a scam, there is no doubt of that. Please post the emails and email address of this scammer you have been communicating with, but be sure to remove your personal information before you post.

#212804 by vonpaso xlura Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:15 pm
Ask him for his email address ending in .mil. If he gives you ANY excuse why he can't, DROP HIM. Do not answer any further messages from him; he is a scammer. See this thread: http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 55756&f=91 .

Please post the emails, including full headers (minus your name and address), and pictures he sent.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10