Information on romance scams and scammers.
Advertisement

#192188 by Bryon Williams Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:03 am
Welcome to Scamwarners BETH2409,

Could you post a couple of his initial emails to you and a couple photo's. This will help others if they parts of script and photo's.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#192562 by Smith Jones Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:35 pm
Hi Beth2409, let the Mods know if you need help uploading the additional information. We're glad you came here to scamwarners. Make sure you don't stay in contact with the scammer, even if he begs you and don't tell him you know he's a scammer. The military scammers are very prevalent right now and they always say they need money to come home, whether it's paperwork, luggage or boxes with money or gold, or even paying for food and transportation. They tell lies based on details that are unclear to us non- military people and sometimes it seems like it could be possible. It isn't.
If you were in the middle of a romance with this person, you will find you are glad that you stopped before you sent any money. But he has done damage to your heart and your mind. It is hard when you realize all you did was reach out to someone and they lied that they cared about or loved you. In fact, it can be devastating. i hope you take some time and disconnect from the lies and understand you deserve real love in your life, not lies.
#215753 by MelB555 Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:09 am
Hi there, he is now using a different email address - [email protected]. When he told me he has a box to send me from Afghan via UK, he said that he has a gold bar in it and I must sell it to pay my debts. That's when I found the scam on the US military scam site (romance scams). Prior to that I couldn't find his poems or email address searches on google. Then I played along a received the bank details and they copied the email that you know ([email protected]), and that is how I found this thread and website. This guy is very clever and knows how to play on woman's emotions. Luckily he can't fool everybody
#216834 by MelB555 Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:36 pm
Here it is:

ALWAYS STAY

Dear Mel,
Here I lay in my bed
thinking of you.
Wondering what you
are up to.

Did I cross your mind?
Are you thinking of
me too?

Your love is driving